• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

4 hours ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

I'll be interested to hear your experience with this.

I've ordered the most budget parts possible. I'll try and get it rtr after mocks

Some cheap bit handles to make my life a tiny bit easier
"RC Grade" MIP 2.0 driver because I wanted to see what the fuss was about.
46t spur for the MT410 (It's on the options list, but no-one seems to mention trying it on the forums? - quick test fit seems to suggest the fit is TIGHT)
Brass pipe to vent tires
"Castle" motor from eBay (1518/1800kv) - Probably going in the Kraton along with a bigger pinion.6e25a69bb89384478ffd30104c4d146a.jpg

Edited by Paul Busby
  • Like 1

Max 8 as a "side grade" for the Kraton.

Nothing wrong with the BLX but I want to throw more volts at the Servo and have more config options. I looked at BEC instead but couldn't be bothered with the wiring.

Some plastidip tape because... why not.d519ebc5b146a7ec9a0dc3f4844d4b78.jpg

Lots of goodies for the kraton....2 lots of everything bought so I’m ready for the sons car 

new to the hobby so all this plus a load of essential spare rods/screws etc

dont mind using the gpm parts for skid plates and a new servo mount

00E485FB-D650-40BB-8502-4F3CEB92FDCD.jpeg

Edited by MacRaguel

2 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:
6 hours ago, ChrisT said:
A used 50 cal ammo box and some 3M double sided tape.

[pedantic mode] Isn't that a 5.56 box?

haha Yeah I don't get it either. The writing on the box has nowt to do with the munition size. 50 cal describes the size of the box.

Grade B nato tins in green. we always use the best tins for Grade B but these are used tins and will have some dents scratches or surface rust in areas from being outside we put grade B so customers understand what is for sale . note also that 50 cal tin is the size of the tin and not the writing. All tins are opened and checked before postage. These are real army tins which have been used and the photo shows a small selection of our stock.

Green 50 Cal Army Ammo Metal Storage Box Ammunition Surplus Tin Tool Box Grade B

• Like 2

Might have to be more careful about ordering parts from overseas, so far this is the first time I have been stung by anything other than T-Bone.

Still worked out cheap for the motor and I have no idea why they marked the value as £15.29 (£0.29 less and it would have passed through probably) but the shock boot spares are basically the same if I had ordered them from the UK.... Oh well.09ccd38e9dc2ce4e9893a8003ab0fb01.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacRaguel said:

Another kraton 

one for the son

spent the afternoon bolting on the upgrade parts

DDB96379-A025-4FE9-AD91-1C2791F8BCD2.jpeg

Im very jealous. Hope he has fun with it 👍👍