• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

They are a decent ESC for the money, I used to run one in Mini 8ight and it was faultless..

3 hours ago, James1986 said:

My guess is a rather tasty-looking drift kit ;) 

Busted :lol: 

E4-DA809-B-82-FB-4-ABA-B8-F6-3-CA1-D5-B4

Its going to be more of a scale build than drifter, also I’m going to showcase as many of my building skills as possible 

• Like 1

Postie brought me a shiny pair of universal prop/driveshafts for my sick mauler pickup........despite me measuring and ordering correctly, the ebay seller still decided it would be well funny to send me the wrong ones, meaning i have to wait another 7-10 days to use my truck, does any one have a universal 110-155mm shaft

2 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

A shiney new Ripmax Fast 2000 rock racer, yea i know its a rebranded wltoys but seems okay for the money, thank you modelsport

Capture.JPG

capture 2.JPG

You know, I like the look of these so a thread would be most appreciated. :good:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gaz! said:

You know, I like the look of these so a thread would be most appreciated. :good:

I will start a thread in rc crawlers section at weekend after i have been out for a maiden drive at ogden waters with it, should have a couple more lipo`s by then

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My tamiya cc01 turned up today and seems to have every available hop up part already installed ! Just got to lock the diffs and stick a brushed combo in ( has a new brushless combo at the mo for some reason!)

16 hours ago, wiggles said:

Wheels/tyres (hate gluing tyres so  the kit ones are going to be spares) and esc for the TT02b

And a motor for the wheelie/crawler king as had 35t in it when I bought it

MVIMG_20181017_142310

Do you want to sell the 35t motor?

5x11x4 rubber-sealed bearings from RCBearings ready to go into the RPM rear hub carriers and front steering blocks I've ordered from rcMart to replace the stock HPI ones on my e Firestorm.  Hoping the front RPMs will be able to hold onto the screws better, twice I've had a screw holding the steering blocks in the upright get ripped clean out. The bottom screw on one side is loose where the thread on the block is completely gone and only held in by electrical tape. Ironically, whilst having a blast two days ago in the local woods covered in damp leaves on the ground I hit some brambles; the screw held by tape was fine but the top screw which seemed to be nicely in the block thread was gone leaving me with a front wheel flopped over to one side!  

Edited by StuBevis

28 minutes ago, StuBevis said:

5x11x4 rubber-sealed bearings from RCBearings ready to go into the RPM rear hub carriers and front steering blocks I've ordered from rcMart to replace the stock HPI ones on my e Firestorm.  Hoping the front RPMs will be able to hold onto the screws better, twice I've had a screw holding the steering blocks in the upright get ripped clean out. The bottom screw on one side is loose where the thread on the block is completely gone and only held in by electrical tape. Ironically, whilst having a blast two days ago in the local woods covered in damp leaves on the ground I hit some brambles; the screw held by tape was fine but the top screw which seemed to be nicely in the block thread was gone leaving me with a front wheel flopped over to one side!  

Don't screw them in too tightly on the RPM as their plastics are softer than stock, but more flexible. They strip out easily when you are screwing them in, but are usually ok when running. I believe I eventually went with STRC aluminium knuckles due to this (back on my old Blitz)

However I've not replaced a single one on my E-Firestorm and that has taken an absolute beating, broke the chassis, and that's still on stock knuckles (RPM rear hubs though as I wanted to use the bigger bearings).

Also regarding your rods popping off, or bending. Titanium turnbuckles from the Blitz are a great upgrade, along with the ESE White rod ends, not managed to break a single one and they don't pop off as easily.

Also the ball on the front shock tower does pop out easily, if you can find the ones with slightly longer thread you can then put a nut on the bottom of where it mounts and it won't rip out again.

Edited by ostewart

On 17/10/2018 at 13:44, ostewart said:

One of these little things for indoor bashing, when I cannot be bothered to take the big ones out:

a4RIyPH.jpg

Good little trucks. Oil the "shocks", it makes it handle much better  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ostewart said:

Don't screw them in too tightly on the RPM as their plastics are softer than stock, but more flexible. They strip out easily when you are screwing them in, but are usually ok when running. I believe I eventually went with STRC aluminium knuckles due to this (back on my old Blitz)

However I've not replaced a single one on my E-Firestorm and that has taken an absolute beating, broke the chassis, and that's still on stock knuckles (RPM rear hubs though as I wanted to use the bigger bearings).

thanks for the info I'll be careful about over-tightening, must be what caused this issue in the first place.  Also thanks for the advice about the rods and studs, I've got one spare turnbuckle left and soon as that's called into service I will look for the titanium versions and stronger rod ends.

Something I have found frustrating with the HPI parts is that there are thick plastic washers/spacers which go between the knuckles and uprights and they seem easy to lose if the screw should come out.  Seems the only way to buy replacement spacers is by purchasing the whole uprights parts set which contains the uprights, knuckles and washers/spacers at around 11/12 quid delivered.  When I first lost one of the plastic spacers I just used a couple of metal washers in its place which luckily came to about the same thickness. This time round I only needed a new steering knuckle, not the upright too, and buying from rcMart I was able to buy both the front and rear RPMs delivered for less than what it would cost to buy either the rear RPMs or front upright set individually from the UK.  

Edited by StuBevis
  • Like 1