• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

5 minutes ago, WiLLiE said:

Looks great for £42

fp7kn4o.jpg

If that's the ARR, Then that is a billy bargain, It cost's that much for me and the wife to go to the pictures (Sorry,Cinema) for a few hours.

That’s 

31 minutes ago, babylon said:

If that's the ARR, Then that is a billy bargain, It cost's that much for me and the wife to go to the pictures (Sorry,Cinema) for a few hours.

That’s RTR just add battery’s ..

1 hour ago, babylon said:

Gutted I just missed out on then. 

29 minutes ago, Guns said:

Amazing!

The Motors got here from HK before the Berserker from Ipswich.....

1jyX1CS.jpg

Should be perfect KV for the gearing on the Berserker, i'm interested to find out how the Berserker performs and how durable it is.

9 minutes ago, RCpete said:

Should be perfect KV for the gearing on the Berserker, i'm interested to find out how the Berserker performs and how durable it is.

And me cause if its amazing it'll save me buying a E-revo 2.0 or UDR ! hah

Well the postie came about 9am, bringing my wheels from RCmart, still no sign of the mystery box I was waiting for.

About 20 minutes ago, he knocks again 2 1/2 hours further into his round, he found my other box in the back of the van, apparently his van was that much of a mess from being loaded, he completely missed it, quite good of him to bring it back today rather than just sticking it on tomorrows load.

Fresh off the pallet!

Rock bouncer cage, not sure when this will get done, but given the style is similar to that of one of my favourite 1:1 bouncers and drivers, Wes Kean and his rat rod buggy, I thought about loosely copying that, but we'll see.

DSC_0080-2

DSC_0078-2

SCX10 II wheels landed too.

DSC_0082-2

• Like 1

A load of various thickness cables from Hobbyking.

Question:

I was going to use 14AWG for my charger kit (easier to use & takes less space)) but not sure now.

System goes:

1000w charger > 10AWG to 40A para board > 10AWG extensions out to lipo's.

Normally charging 6*6s at 30Amps.

Was thinking of using the 14AWG for the extensions between the board and lipo's. Question is is it adequate or should I use the more expensive 10AWG for them?

59 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

A load of various thickness cables from Hobbyking.

Question:

I was going to use 14AWG for my charger kit (easier to use & takes less space)) but not sure now.

System goes:

1000w charger > 10AWG to 40A para board > 10AWG extensions out to lipo's.

Normally charging 6*6s at 30Amps.

Was thinking of using the 14AWG for the extensions between the board and lipo's. Question is is it adequate or should I use the more expensive 10AWG for them?

14AWG can support up to 30A on its own so 5A per lipo will be fine.

21 minutes ago, stonedef said:

My little haul from Hobbyking

20180309_154049%202_zpsvw3bq8pi.jpg

Looked at that charger myself, quite fancied a quad charger for a while, but lately I've been looking at a single unit that has the power to do 2 or 3 at a time.

Couldn't find any PSUs in there sale though so knocked the idea on the head for now :lol: 

Today I had the misfortune to receive a pack of Yeah Racing red anodized alloy wheel nuts. 3 of them had malformed threads, a fact I discovered only after the first one destroyed the threads on one of my F103 rear axle stubs. Grrr!

13 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Looked at that charger myself, quite fancied a quad charger for a while, but lately I've been looking at a single unit that has the power to do 2 or 3 at a time.

Couldn't find any PSUs in there sale though so knocked the idea on the head for now :lol: 

I've got a second one on its way.  So a snow day last Friday + Jack Daniels + Hobbyking sale = 2nd charger on its way :lol:

Edited by stonedef