• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

12 hours ago, Shergar said:

Jack order up  some new nylocs up to go with your bolts - there pennies and designed to be a single use item.

Technically they can be used up to 3 times then replaced. 

• Like 2

A reedy brushless combo from  Redback on here!  Going to go in a BSD Racing buggy which I have had a couple of years and was the first car to get me back in the hobby after a 25 year break.  Not convinced it will handle brushless but we shall see 😆

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, James.S said:

Awesome looking tank mate, even if it is toy grade. I like that alot  :good:

It’s growing on me too, especially knowing that it is working, so it may become a project to try and get it fully working, as I say more research to see if it comes apart easily, it did come with a user manual but no detailed drawing. Looks as if it’s hardly used.

• Like 1

On 19/08/2021 at 19:37, Ant.p said:

Traxxas link so I can easily fine tune the Xmaxx. The app hasn’t got gteat ratings, but it’s got to be better than not having it?

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Traxxas App is very usefull.

57 minutes ago, billyb_imp said:

I wasn’t really expecting to receive anything today but continuing to clear my Worksop / shed out to make more RC Car space, I had a load of Scalextric track and other associated bits and took it to a friend of mine down at A1 Slots near Newark, I was happy to give my stuff away I just wanted more space but Roger had a look at what RC Car stuff he had in his aladdins cave of mainly slot car stuff, he had acquired at some time an RC Tank and told me to take it in return for my stuff.

I think it’s an HL (Hang Long) it is an old model 27 / 40 MHz, not sure what I’m going to do with, it, maybe a bit of research first, have a look an the tank section. Seems very plasticky/ toyish, with a problem on one side back suspension. Although with battery in and transmitter turned on there was movement.

So back in the box and return to it in a few months time.

D4766DB5-6EEE-4CD0-B6A2-40737D9E3666.jpeg

65F9B317-3249-4314-8618-DCFE2F1E8649.jpeg

Theres a lot of bits and hop up pieces available for the Heng Long tanks  try a google search as these tanks were quite well supported :good:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billyb_imp said:

I wasn’t really expecting to receive anything today but continuing to clear my Worksop / shed out to make more RC Car space, I had a load of Scalextric track and other associated bits and took it to a friend of mine down at A1 Slots near Newark, I was happy to give my stuff away I just wanted more space but Roger had a look at what RC Car stuff he had in his aladdins cave of mainly slot car stuff, he had acquired at some time an RC Tank and told me to take it in return for my stuff.

I think it’s an HL (Hang Long) it is an old model 27 / 40 MHz, not sure what I’m going to do with, it, maybe a bit of research first, have a look an the tank section. Seems very plasticky/ toyish, with a problem on one side back suspension. Although with battery in and transmitter turned on there was movement.

So back in the box and return to it in a few months time.

D4766DB5-6EEE-4CD0-B6A2-40737D9E3666.jpeg

65F9B317-3249-4314-8618-DCFE2F1E8649.jpeg

Here is a few links:

https://heng-long-panzer.de/de/

http://www.rc-panzer-shop.de/en_GB

https://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/Cars/Tanks/Henglong-Spares

https://www.nitrotek.co.uk/spare-parts/heng-long-taigen.html

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Juanmacine said:

Thanks for the info I will go through them over the next day or so

7 minutes ago, billyb_imp said:

Thanks for the info I will go through them over the next day or so

You're welcome mate.

On 19/08/2021 at 15:20, MrCake said:

A reedy brushless combo from  Redback on here!  Going to go in a BSD Racing buggy which I have had a couple of years and was the first car to get me back in the hobby after a 25 year break.  Not convinced it will handle brushless but we shall see 😆

What buggy is it? I've got a V1 Baja that I've been running brushless for a few years. Most recently on 3s with mixed results. I think I've now got it sussed thanks to the metal idler gear that BSD have finally brought out.

1 hour ago, chewbacca said:

What buggy is it? I've got a V1 Baja that I've been running brushless for a few years. Most recently on 3s with mixed results. I think I've now got it sussed thanks to the metal idler gear that BSD have finally brought out.

It is a BSD RACING PRIME DESERT ASSAULT and hoping that it will handle it!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrCake said:

It is a BSD RACING PRIME DESERT ASSAULT and hoping that it will handle it!  

They do a brushless version so I think it'll be ok.

On 19/08/2021 at 19:37, Ant.p said:

Traxxas link so I can easily fine tune the Xmaxx. The app hasn’t got gteat ratings, but it’s got to be better than not having it?

image.jpg

image.jpg

be very careful when updating as it kills receivers for no reason

On 21/08/2021 at 15:08, Kpowell911 said:

So Ive always wanted a Traxxas 1/16th. Theres posts by me on here from 2010 of me asking about then. Ideally, I wanted a Mini Revo, but always thought they were going to be an expensive money pit (like all Traxxas’ bar the X Maxx……)

However, I finally scratched the itch and bought one off here off @quinnlouis…..

Its a Slash, not a Revo, but once parts issues stabilise I should be able to convert it, ill also add some upgrades as I go etc. Ive not actually saw it yet, I had it delivered to my Mum and Dads…. But he sent me these….

l40qkIc.jpg

WGR9bFe.jpg

Mmt2NzV.jpg

No idea what itll be like but 🙂

Had a few of them   only real issue is the diffs as the plastic sides that hold the diff in place are not straight  so you line and shim it  but once fully done up they twist.  I found the cars strong  as once i hit a lamp post full speed and didn't do any damage.  also use to use them on a skate ramp a lot.