• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Back in the game, maybe

Netcon

Hi all,

Been out of this for circa 10years. Just found my RC stuff in my mum's loft.

I see Losi micro stuff is now very expensive assuming it's discontinued?  What would be the replacement model for this? They were very popular when I was into them. What brands is everyone into now?

On the verge of ordering a tt-02 wrc yaris as i'm a toyota fan boy but also wanted to get some of my old models going again.

Many thanks

• Like 1

Welcome!

Nice to see another Scotsman join the forum.

Losi released a Mini-T 2.0, a few years ago. Still sold. Not as small as micro, but it's still pretty small!

Losi do some really nice models, but ever since being bought by Horizon Hobbies, they cost an absolute fortune!

Edited by PraetoR
  • Like 2

Another Scotsman here and welcome to the forum :cheers:

Im guessing here but Losi mini your talking 12th-14th scale ?

theres the mini T or mini B both nice little brushed models that you can upgrade to mild brushless they are 2wd tho and nuts brushless :good:

• Like 1

On 13/12/2023 at 22:59, PraetoR said:

Welcome!

Nice to see another Scotsman join the forum.

Losi released a Mini-T 2.0, a few years ago. Still sold. Not as small as micro, but it's still pretty small!

Losi do some really nice models, but ever since being bought by Horizon Hobbies, they cost an absolute fortune!

On 13/12/2023 at 23:22, Stormbringer said:

Another Scotsman here and welcome to the forum :cheers:

Im guessing here but Losi mini your talking 12th-14th scale ?

theres the mini T or mini B both nice little brushed models that you can upgrade to mild brushless they are 2wd tho and nuts brushless :good:

It was mainly the Losi Micro stuff I had i think maybe 1/28? I started on Xmods and moved onto Mini-Z and it went from there. Still have some Xmods and a Losi Micro DT

On 14/12/2023 at 06:52, 53HRA said:

Welcome back, I remember you from the good old MSUK chat days! 

Hi mate! I remember you too, i believe you had a plethora of pretty Tamiya shelf queens that I would drool over as a youngster 🤣

On 14/12/2023 at 16:22, Lone-wolf said:

welcome back, get the old stuff out and go through it to see what might still work, they are pretty good at being lofted for years

Yes, safe to say the batteries are all likely goosed and some of the wires have come off but i have a Frankenstein brushless traxxas that looks in one piece.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. Definitely recognising user names.

I've ordered a TT-02 GR Yaris, something to keep me amused over the holidays!

All the best

• Like 2

Hi folks,

got my tt02 and have started building. Now looking at the electrics i need, so much has changed not sure where to start 🤣 would i be correct to think it doesn't matter too much on which rx/tx? Everything seems fine and 2.4ghz? Looking at this cheap set to get me going https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/absima-4-channel-radio-cr4s-v2-including-receiver-1350827

Also found this to use as a servo https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/power-hd-servo-hd1812mg-waterproof-18kg012sec-1330612 not sure if over/under kill but i think it'll be fine

Dont want to spend mad bucks on this as i think ill get more enjoyment from building. I know enough to get by about lipos/charging from airsoft, the 1060 hobbywing esc that came with my car seems to support 2s/3s. Have a standard torque tuned 540 motor to use.

Thanks