• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

simple hard body paint question

Lone-wolf

So my Tamiya Blitzer beetle paint never turned out quite how i wanted, i used Automotive rattle cans, could i just flat it down and use same brand different colour then use clear over the top as i never used clear on first colour and it ended up a sort of matt finish

could sand it down a bit lone then reapply the paint you like, id go with Rc spray tbh i found most auto paint only really shines on metals unless its bumper plastic spray but they dont do many nice colors etc

i tend to only buy tamiya sprays now very pricey but it applies so nice so less coats needed 👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Quick question, did you prime before the rattlecan? You could also go for a second body?

https://www.jk-rc.co.uk/tamiya-blitzer-beetle-parts/tamiya-9335623-p

no did not prime just flatted the plastic, yes a new shell would be an option but the price goes up cause would need the front nose and the chrome parts like headlights

• Like 2

When I repainted my mauler I flatted the panels, sprayed with auto primer, lightly flatted again, then topcoated with garden furniture spray from B&M, with a clearcote that I found in the shed. Looked good and held up very well. On the cliffhanger body I'm doing for it going to use tamiya paint as it's on the inside 👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

no did not prime just flatted the plastic, yes a new shell would be an option but the price goes up cause would need the front nose and the chrome parts like headlights

cant you use the chrome bits from old shell if you get a new 1 ?