• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wolfie1 X-MAXX

wolfie1

Today i spent the day doing stuff, i did a side sby side with the Blackout and its just a smidge smaller

I fitted a few bits and pieces, 1 thing i was waiting for that wasnt supposed to be here for another 2 weeks was an alloy heatsink engine mount, got my new pinion fitted and loctited on and the postie arrived with the mount and now i cannot get the pinion off, im just gonna leave it's its on good and it may loosen off over time and then i will fit it, i ordered a sleeve thing for the xrt which i fitted too and went to fit the pinion cover too as it has a bearing to stop it slipping off but you dont get the bearing in the kit, so thats going to come tomorrow at some point, fitted up the 80kg servo and ubec and managed to crush my finger with the servo a bit when testing and it drew blood, holy crap that servo is powerful, here are pics of todays progress, i dont know though how long the ebay special diff things will last as they arent the greatest 

IMG_2141.jpeg

IMG_2140.jpeg

IMG_2139.jpeg

IMG_2138.jpeg

IMG_2137.jpeg

IMG_2136.jpeg

IMG_2135.jpeg

IMG_2134.jpeg

IMG_2133.jpeg

IMG_2132.jpeg

IMG_2131.jpeg

IMG_2130.jpeg

IMG_2129.jpeg

IMG_2128.jpeg

IMG_2127.jpeg

IMG_2126.jpeg

IMG_2142.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, locky said:

Is that 80kg servo from Aliexpress? Did you remove a tab from one corner or cut the chassis to make it fit?

Yes it is, i have the same servo in my trx4  and it has done well, i have it running at 8.4 volts and its really powerful and yes i had to trim the servo and a little bit from the chassis

Thanks, so today was first proper run, run the 10000 packs and the 8400 packs through it and it really is a wheely machine, i really like the start driving slowly nail the throttle and up the front end comes and then feather the throttle and it just stays there for most of a football pitch, even had it doing side wheelies then a tyre decided it didnt want to be glued onto half the wheel so took it a bit easier and finished off the packs, just awesome, got home and the postie had been with bearings so got that fitted, i never got a high temp cutout at all, i wonder if it cause i changed the esc fan to a rocket 1, i am going to change the motor ones to them too but am still waiting on 1 arriving as i used 1 for the esc. So far im really liking this 🙂

IMG_2143.jpeg

• Like 1

So frustrating, ordered the wifes crimbo prezzie and its arriving today, was supposed to come from 12:15 and 2:15 so decided i would take the xmaxx out afterwards but it has been pushed back and pushed back some more so now its between 2:45 and 4:45, hope the nice weather holds and its not pushed back again, at least the postie arrived with my other fan so have got that installed and then drilled holes in the battery clips for R clips

IMG_2147.jpeg

IMG_2146.jpeg

• Like 1

So with running flat out up and down a football pitch doing wheelies i am getting 30mins run time on the 10000 batteries and 25mins on the 8400 ones, so am happy with that run times, think im going to get 2 more of the DXF 10000 packs

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

So with running flat out up and down a football pitch doing wheelies i am getting 30mins run time on the 10000 batteries and 25mins on the 8400 ones, so am happy with that run times, think im going to get 2 more of the DXF 10000 packs

How you finding it?

24 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

How you finding it?

I actually really like it, up until this year i have always been a petrol and nitro kinda guy, its a lot of fun pulling wheelies and its fast too, it is quite easy to tip over so i think maybe i am going to go for the next hardness of springs at some point but its still new yet and i still need to get used to it so am going to hold off for the moment, maybe get the widemaxx kit, i will see.

Its quickly becoming my favourite truck so its up there with my trusty savage xl and blackout a really good thing is that you dont have to be mindful of noise to upset folks in their homes and its blackout sized but so much lighter, with my hernia it was aggravating it lifting it, so except of the smell and noise of fuel powered cars its all win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie1 said:

I actually really like it, up until this year i have always been a petrol and nitro kinda guy, its a lot of fun pulling wheelies and its fast too, it is quite easy to tip over so i think maybe i am going to go for the next hardness of springs at some point but its still new yet and i still need to get used to it so am going to hold off for the moment, maybe get the widemaxx kit, i will see.

Its quickly becoming my favourite truck so its up there with my trusty savage xl and blackout a really good thing is that you dont have to be mindful of noise to upset folks in their homes and its blackout sized but so much lighter, with my hernia it was aggravating it lifting it, so except of the smell and noise of fuel powered cars its all win

For me, the X Maxx and the XRT are just a cut above everything else. Nothing drives like them. Theyve got the shock and awe of my old large scale Losi petrols, but without the noise/mess/worry that you mentioned, and they are far faster. 

• Like 2

So a delivery arrived today, so set about installing some of it, the alloy servo arm was a fail as its for the oe servo but i have another coming that i think (hope) will be right, so got the wider axles on, i ordered 10 and 13mm wide wheel hexes, the 13’s are a fail as there in not enough to tighten the wheelnut on but the 10’s i am happy with. So overall it is now 54mm wider so am looking  forward to see what like it is next time i have it out

IMG_2151.jpeg

IMG_2153.jpeg

IMG_2149.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg

IMG_2152.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The wider stance on these adapters transform this thing in a really good way, way less tippy now and the smaller 50t spur gear is great on there too got a good bit more speed without getting any overheating. One fail i did have though was the new wheel nuts i fitted 1 came loose and i lost it, so substituted for a standard 1, im just glad i put 1 amongst my random parts  before i left the house

IMG_2167.jpeg

• Like 1

Today started off with so much promise but went downhill rapidly, i never liked the way when fitting a normal sized servo you did away with the cool traxxas servo horn thats on the bearing, so i searched and found a replacement at last, then i went oit and this is where things went downhill, the hardened pinion had worn so i fitted a hardened Tekno 1 which lasted all of 30 seconds and 3 teeth were off it, fitted the original after this and that faired slightly better at maybe 5 minutes, i am using a hardened spur so knew the original wasnt going to last long but i hoped for longer than what it did. Its the Tekno 1 i am annoyed with.

And i cant add photos 🫠

• Sad 1