• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

UK Scaler Nationals - May 2023

capri-boy

6 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Good pics, nice rigs will there be any video from the event

Possibly some, there was another guy shooting and lots of phones. Non from me as only shot stills.

• Like 2

On 04/06/2023 at 13:08, capri-boy said:

That I couldn't tell you!  Someone like @Gaz! might know.

Looking at the pic, id say a Tamiya cr-01 the bit i can see is the springs without the shocks as they are fitted differently on that rig. :good:

1 hour ago, Gaz! said:

Looking at the pic, id say a Tamiya cr-01 the bit i can see is the springs without the shocks as they are fitted differently on that rig. :good:

I initially thought that it was a CR-01 as well, due to the barrel springs and a few other bits, but due to the colour of the ladder frame and even more bits it makes me think more of a CC-01 or CC-02, that's been modified a bit, a lot of parts are interchangeable between the CC02 and the CR-01 chassis, including the official Tamiya hop-ups.

16 hours ago, Grogg said:

I initially thought that it was a CR-01 as well, due to the barrel springs and a few other bits, but due to the colour of the ladder frame and even more bits it makes me think more of a CC-01 or CC-02, that's been modified a bit, a lot of parts are interchangeable between the CC02 and the CR-01 chassis, including the official Tamiya hop-ups.

Didn’t know that, not seen much of the cc02 though. Definitely good to know :good:

12 hours ago, Gaz! said:

Didn’t know that, not seen much of the cc02 though. Definitely good to know :good:

Interesting to read that you've not seen much of the CC-02, as, I think the YouYube channel is called RCKicks, on their video about the CR-01, they obviously compared it to the CC-02, and said that the CC-02 was not just Tamiya's best rock crawler, but one of the best and most popular 1/10th scale rock crawlers.

I'm not really into rock crawling, I turned my CR-01 into a stadium truck, and so have all my mates who have them.  I opened the thread out of interest to see if anybody was using a  CR-01 or CC-02, what accessories people had - rock crawlers seem t have the most accessories, for inspiration, to see if anybody had FPV mounted and if so how.

Edited by Grogg

16 hours ago, Grogg said:

Interesting to read that you've not seen much of the CC-02, as, I think the YouYube channel is called RCKicks, on their video about the CR-01, they obviously compared it to the CC-02, and said that the CC-02 was not just Tamiya's best rock crawler, but one of the best and most popular 1/10th scale rock crawlers.

Now first off, i dont mean any offence but……

i try my best to not listen to these online “reviews” although i did buy 2x Element rc Gatekeeper kits which turned out to be not all best i was led to believe and that left me over £300 in the hole and to be fair ive been seduced before with reviews and lost out, im not saying they are all wrong at all but what might be perfect for the reviewer, doesnt make it perfect for me. Not to forget those who say great things about a particular brand to get free stuff, if anyone from Lamborghini is watching, ill big up your brand :rofl: Or the other end of the spectrum with those that wont admit that they wasted their money so will defend them to the end.

so in a perfect world, i might watch the odd review, try to have whatever it is in hand or be able to physically see it and of course use my own experience before making a purchase, but hey its never that perfect.

again, i mean NO offence to anyone here, this is stuff in general and these are my own opinions.

sorry about the thread hi-jack and my ramblings lol :cheers:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...