• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Alex's Tamiya M chassis shenanigans

Alex97

The last 2 pics are kinda like pulsating from a really white to a not so really white and thats all with a midget question mark in the middle

Edited by wolfie1

On 14/05/2023 at 17:23, Stormbringer said:

They all look good mate even mr Beans mini :rofl:

Normally i have a penchant for red but the British racing green looks great :good:

I've actually acquired two more nearly rolling chassis from Japan in pretty much brand new condition so I could have one in each colour now! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alex97 said:

I've actually acquired two more nearly rolling chassis from Japan in pretty much brand new condition so I could have one in each colour now! 

Out of curiosity, are you buying from Japan via eBay or other sites?

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Out of curiosity, are you buying from Japan via eBay or other sites?

eBay, this is the seller - 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166016454883?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=qrvNva8dRX-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=pflrb5mospu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Some items are in a bit of a state however there's a few reasonably priced items. With the Yen being so weak ATM it makes it an ideal time to buy. I might have also placed another 47 piece order from PJ. 

2 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

PJ is insane, Im buying brushed motors off there all the time for some reason cause theyre so cheap!

I spent just under £135 however it's easily 1/3 of the price even with postage added. It's definitely worth stocking up when you can, plus you get a nice rubber!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex97 said:

I spent just under £135 however it's easily 1/3 of the price even with postage added. It's definitely worth stocking up when you can, plus you get a nice rubber!

My next drop is due Thurs 🙂

I picked another two chassis up on eBay last week for a good price, I was expecting them to arrive next week however they arrived today! 

Upon inspection they are both in really good condition and only have a few small marks on the underside. Within a hour or arriving I'd stippled then both down, washed all of the pieces and degreased all of the metal parts. The previous owner used a lovely dark brown machine grease. The intention was to rebuild them, give them a bit of an update and then sell them on however I think I'll be keeping one of the chassis. 

20230522_153530.jpg

20230522_180925.jpg

20230522_181006.jpg

• Like 3