• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MT 8 throttle is either lame, or cuts out

Crazy L

Hi guys

Took delivery of an MT8 yesterday, got RPm arms for it too, and already bolted them on.  Took it out for a quick blast, today, only for a few minutes as on my travels.   Got a 5000mah  4s pack strapped in.   Anyway.  nailed the gas, didn't lift any wheels.  Did this several times, then, I stopped, did it while turning, and the thing lit up and donutted for England.  Went to nail t for a full gas take off, back to lame again, then, it appeared to cut of for  few seconds.  Any ideas?

This was literally fresh out the box.  Do I need to reset the speedo?

I have tried it with a pair of 6500mah GNB 2s, which have been diamond, See use in my 10th models individually, and as a pair in my LSTe home brewed conversion.  Never any issues.  The other pack I tried was a turnigy 4s 6k pack, again, never had issues.  Both packs are charged.  Emailed CML also  as this is right out the box.  Could be something simple, but I'm cynical.

I think the LVC is non adjustable on this esc.  It is set to 3.4v.  Just recalibrated esc, and adjusted pinion mesh, as it was a litle snug in my experience.  

It still does it.  On a single WOP run, it will slow to about half throttle, and if you carry on, it stops altogether.

Not actually raining today, so was hoping to get out with my new truck.  Looks like I'll have wait till I hear back from CML.

Took the truck out for a blat yesterday afternoon.  Ran through 2 sets of cells.  The problem didn't show its head.  Which is weird.   Had a  good time with it though, and broke nothing.  Will give it more runs at the weekend and see if it does it again.