• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The SCX6 Thread

.AJ.

Been given some advice before running it, first is clean out all the horrible grease in the axles and transmission and grease with something more suitable, shim the diffs and clean the slipper clutch…

I opened up the rear axle and here’s said grease 

B4-E299-AC-6-A9-A-4-B1-C-99-B8-22-D4-AB6

It’s a really sticky and frankly horrid silicone grease,, I’ve cleaned it all up and went to shim the diff, it probably needs a 0.2 thick shim but I don’t have any the right size, so I’ve put it all back to together until have the correct shims (12mm id) and I want to get some heavy duty cleaner before I rip into the front axle and transmission…. 

• Like 3

Excuse the blue floor as I took this at work where the lighting is much better! 

Fitted a 4 inch light bar to the bumper and will probably fit some switches somewhere to allow some lights to be controlled. 

Also in the pic is a much larger wheel I'm contemplating for more of a road  look - tyres to fit are same diameter but about an inch wider. Wheel fits fine but the tyres will be close to the shocks

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

• Like 2

Decided whilst fitting switches I'd try dechroming the front light buckets a bit - and then wished I hadn't started as the chrome is quite thick. Still, a lot of scratching and a blob or two of black paint and below is the result, on one side so far..... 

Switch wise I'm thinking one for the headlights and another for the light bar and pillar lights leaving the bumper and rear lights on permanently. 

Did a quick first test run around the lounge (scaring the dogs in the process) and I agree with AJ, the steering isn't great but that will have to wait. 

_20230119_122148.JPG

• Like 1

I’ve got a real basic light controller I’ll be fitting, it’s something like this, I’ve had it kicking around in my spares box’s for years….

D8-BB603-B-6-DB3-4-D53-AE17-417909-C2-AC

It has 2 channels and and 5 modes

Off 

Channel 1 on

Channel 2 on 

Channel 1&2 on 

Channel 1&2 in flashing random rave mode 😂 

• Like 1