• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Pets

YOUR_DJ

9 hours ago, supersavage said:

A5brmts.jpg

I don't like snakes but I'm curious. I know there's a lot of lethal snakes but this one doesn't seem like one.  Old folks around here like to kill snakes at sight but can't really justify why. They are good pets?

7 hours ago, cooper_xl said:

I don't like snakes but I'm curious. I know there's a lot of lethal snakes but this one doesn't seem like one.  Old folks around here like to kill snakes at sight but can't really justify why. They are good pets?

Honestly there are far more less lethal snakes than ones that could do you harm, though always be cautious and know exactly what species a snake is before trying to pick one up in the wild, best thing to do with any snake in the wild is just to admire it from a safe distance.

This one is a Spotted Python and is the biggest of a family of the smallest Python's in the world Antaresia with the smallest being the Pygmy or Ant Hill Python, she'll get somewhere between 3-4ft and is non venomous. She's a little bit bitey at the moment but that's because she's young and scared (plus she really likes food 😂). The more I handle her the less bitey she'll become and the more I'll be able to build up some trust with her.

Snakes or any Reptile can make great pets, you just have to do some research before getting something as they will all have different enclosure, temperature and humidity requirements. And some species are more involved with their care than others so are classed for "experienced" keepers only, though in this case most shops will or should ask you how much experience you have with keeping reptiles.

My little Spotted Python is a good starter snake as they are usually pretty hardy and pretty forgiving if you don't get things quite right, though if anything is not right be sure to sort out as soon as possible. Plus because their Genus or family is pretty overlooked outside of Australia where they are from they aren't overly expensive either.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Izzy playing in the snow, she looks black however in the sun is a very dark brown. We rescued her during lockdown as a kitten for a "friend" for luna. Enjoys sleeping on our heads! 

Luna in her normal position sleeping, she was also a rescue when she was 5-7 (true age unknown) with her daughter who sadly passed away during lockdown, it's taken about three to four years to get her friendly with people, she now loves being cuddled and is very loving (picking up is at risk of death!).

20221212_081331.jpg

IMG-20220913-WA0005.jpg

Ah cute cats