• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Fortress MT Tyres blowing

iForest

So we’ve had the Granite 3s BLX since last Christmas and it’s been out a reasonable number of times but not loads. When I’ve taken it out or when I’ve used it I’ve always run for some time at 100% throttle and always on grass. A couple weeks ago a tyre burst, I had not experienced it before so assumed it must have hit something although there was nothing obvious. So I ordered some replacements, on wheels, and within 15-20 minutes the new tyre blew but this time I saw it happen right in front of me, again, on grass.  

I’m not satisfied obviously that this should happen and am going to seek a warranty replacement but any thoughts on this except to consider replacement with Pro-line which I have read may be better? Thanks.

4 hours ago, iForest said:

A couple weeks ago a tyre burst

In what way burst? Came away from the rim? Came away from the rim and then made a mess? Actually burst leaving the beads fully attached?

4 hours ago, iForest said:

within 15-20 minutes the new tyre blew

Same question as before also we’re they even preglued?

Tires coming unglued is a thing, specially with preglued and/or brushless setups.  Easily remedied with pound shop superglue 👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ross9999992 said:

In what way burst? Came away from the rim? Came away from the rim and then made a mess? Actually burst leaving the beads fully attached?

Same question as before also we’re they even preglued?

Tires coming unglued is a thing, specially with preglued and/or brushless setups.  Easily remedied with pound shop superglue 👍🏻

it looked like it literally exploded off the rim, probably about 1/5 of the tyre. The rest of the tyre is glued.

so if they’re preglued you’re recommending removing the seal and regluing them with pound shop super glue?

Well superglue is superglue imho £10, £5 or £1 it’s basically the same stuff. I always use pound shop stuff.

Removing the old glue and regluing isn’t usually necessary unless you want to but regluing the unglued parts is a thing.

Often preglued isn’t as solid as diy so no need to be surprised if stuff does come unglued 👍🏻

As tug mentioned belting/taping the tires is a good idea specially with brushless so personally I try to find unglued tires when buying new and then gluing them myself.

Simple belting is a wrap or two of duct tape (trimmed to width) around the inside of the tire, I don’t bother with taping the foams. This stops the tires ballooning and helps with traction and tire life 👍🏻

• Like 2

yeah brother even from factory check them over they dont always do a good job you can slowly pull the tyre from bead and see gaps then  grab some superglue etc

i use gorilla glue makes its a bit harder to use than super glue as it expands a touch when dry great stuff though asda and tesco should do it 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

So are your actual tyres RIPPING or just coming unglued?

so when you said ripping and showed the picture of your tyre ripped did you mean coming unglued? 

because I wrote, “ yeah same”

Edited by iForest

• 2 weeks later...