• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Gmade Owners' Thread

PraetoR

31 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

That R1 looks very capable crawler, would like to see it on a tricky course

Will be putting through it’s paces when I get back to the forest 👍 the place in the vid is ok but it’s a bit flat for crawlers .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Bashing Brian linked to a Holmes Hobby's motor earlier in this thread 

Thank you, I've seen it now. After rethinking and probably over thinking I will stay with 2s battery for this truck so I can have interchangeable batteriers between Blazer and my Jeep which runs on 2s now. 

• Like 1

If anyone could suggest a decent 4 channel transmitter that doesn't brake the bank that will be great. I was hoping for flysky but I can only see 3 channel options unfortunately...  Or is it possible to connect lights without using separate channel? I'm hopeless with electronics. 

Edited by Manxman

On 27/01/2022 at 22:05, Manxman said:

If anyone could suggest a decent 4 channel transmitter that doesn't brake the bank that will be great. I was hoping for flysky but I can only see 3 channel options unfortunately...  Or is it possible to connect lights without using separate channel? I'm hopeless with electronics. 

Lights can plus straight into the bat/aux input, on the receiver. So, they don't take up a channel. This is what I've done.

However, this is only if you wish them to be always on (unless you unplug, of course). If you want it transmitter-selectable, you'll need another channel.

8 hours ago, PraetoR said:

Lights can plus straight into the bat/aux input, on the receiver. So, they don't take up a channel. This is what I've done.

However, this is only if you wish them to be always on (unless you unplug, of course). If you want it transmitter-selectable, you'll need another channel.

Thank you. I will need more channels then as I want to be able to switch them on and off

On 02/02/2022 at 11:59, BigGinge said:

If you've been looking at flysky they have the GT5 which is (confusingly given the model name) a 6 channel transmitter. I've got one and have been pretty happy with it:

https://www.flysky-cn.com/gt5

This is exactly what I went for. I have asked for this as my bday present, so my Mrs has no choice😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

@tomr that R1 does very well, i have heard a few bad comments about this model but yours looks to perform very well

Much more capable than the scale crawlers and great fun 👍🏻
Don’t think it hits the spot as a genuine rock crawler though…not in stock form anyway.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tomr said:

Much more capable than the scale crawlers and great fun 👍🏻
Don’t think it hits the spot as a genuine rock crawler though…not in stock form anyway.

I was looking at the injora similar style nearly went for it till i spotted the axles snap for fun

1 hour ago, tomr said:

@steephillHow ya getting on with the Gom buddy? I’m still seriously considering ordering one 👍🏻

I've been waiting to test it on my crawler course, but it won't stop raining. The stone and rocks are like ice when wet☹️

It seems a competent crawler and trail truck. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steephill said:

I've been waiting to test it on my crawler course, but it won't stop raining. The stone and rocks are like ice when wet☹️

It seems a competent crawler and trail truck. 

Cheers 🍻 I’m going to watch a few YouTube videos and make my mind up 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve watched loads  of YouTube vids on the Gom and most reckon it’s a fantastic rock crawler, not sure how much actual crawling I’ll do with it but seeing as it has a 2 speed it should be a fun rig. I’m waiting on a phone call from the vets (should be tomorrow) for test results for my dog, if she gets the all clear I think I’ll order the plus kit 👍🏻

• Like 1