• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

Hi @Bodhi1977, its looking good 👍, thinking about the inner fender kit for mine after spending 3 hrs cleaning it. What are they like to fit and do they make a difference ?

I fitted a hobbywing 1060 esc and a dumbo rc tx and rx and its made it a lot more controlable and nicer to drive

Cheers, Ian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Hi @Bodhi1977, its looking good 👍, thinking about the inner fender kit for mine after spending 3 hrs cleaning it. What are they like to fit and do they make a difference ?

I fitted a hobbywing 1060 esc and a dumbo rc tx and rx and its made it a lot more controlable and nicer to drive

Cheers, Ian

Haven’t had it out properly through mud again since fitting them so can’t say how much difference they’ll make, but I’m hoping they should stop a fair amount of crap from spraying in round everything. 

For my first parts to have to cut out and fit they weren’t too bad. Although if you follow the cut lines indicated by the instructions you’ll end up cutting one of the rear sections too short, which I annoyingly did. Also the middle sections weren’t the correct cut out lines for the 2.1 setup. I noticed thankfully before cutting and had to do some free form cutting to shape them around the engine mount on one side. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been asked but can the front/rear differentials be unlocked ? I’m fully aware that an unlocked diff is not ideal on a crawler but I’m looking at getting the Range Rover kit and doing a scale build as I believe that the 1:1 has locking centre diffs and unlocked front/rear diffs ? 

On 04/02/2022 at 13:41, tomr said:

Finished for now 👍🏻 I need to tidy the wiring and decide whether or not to tint the front windows .

8C9CC1F6-F824-4DE3-9459-00BD76AD2DC5.jpeg

A96F0DC0-F814-45B1-8C09-F7B5B27E58BC.jpeg

EDBB54DE-6CBD-4940-91BF-FC94A656CAD5.jpeg

5647DAA3-0DB1-43E7-8BA0-F4CDA3B33E8E.jpeg

9928C639-942F-4B17-99C5-26E6A37D25C6.jpeg

08E83930-9A55-460A-A6DE-EACB926C8E53.jpeg

8B38BC38-2DF2-4EC9-BF29-29C177720C2A.jpeg

DDB62E96-8C67-4D71-8D0D-B9222BA3AF61.jpeg

Looks fantastic this was exactly and I mean exactly how I was going to do mine 👌but now I don’t know what to do I’ll have to look for something else now 😆

• Like 1

started the build, shocks went together real nice, plenty of green slime and medium weight silicone oil, sweet. not so with next stage the axle diff`s use 4 M2x10 button head screws boy do they strip faster than a cheap hooker, so stopped and ordered a bag of M2x8 (no need for 10mm) stainless and a new Wera M1.5 driver, might move on and do a few more other bits while i wait on screws and driver

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

and then moving onto the van body

Have you got one of the prairie wolf bodies, or is it still a surprise?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

project has come to an end, more cheese head screws rounded out, its going in the bin as i now have a M3 x18 part way into bottom plate/gearbox, wont go all way in and wont come out, I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER CARISMA

I was still looking at getting the rang rover kit but after reading the trouble you’re having I’m seriously having second thoughts 😕

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

sorry to hear your having probs with the build mate 😞

Thanks stormsy, its not like i never built a kit before, this one is being a proper pain in the butt, though i think im over the worst of it and started to put a dab of grease on the screw threads and thats helping

• Like 2

Have to say this build has put me right of the brand, i will get it done as i feel im over the worst of it, think i may sell the F-150 long bed, will run the van for a bit but may end up selling it on, all this aggro has turned me away from the brand, i should of got an FTX or Injora chassis for this build

• Like 1