• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Flysky Noble NB4 plus FGr4 v2 receiver - how to switch over from my Spektrum receiver?

Graeme - Edinburgh

55 minutes ago, Guns said:

STR = Servo  = Channel 1

THR = ESC = Channel 2

Whats your aux input? Lights?

Yes, the aux input is the lights. 

I’ve got a bind cable loop too, so i guess i will use that in the setup process for the controller. So I ignore the Servo label on the receiver itself? I guess so. 

Thanks so much for the tips. Saves me trawling user manuals on the web, or worse - frying my electrics. 

16 minutes ago, Graeme - Edinburgh said:

Yes, the aux input is the lights. 

I’ve got a bind cable loop too, so i guess i will use that in the setup process for the controller. So I ignore the Servo label on the receiver itself? I guess so. 

Thanks so much for the tips. Saves me trawling user manuals on the web, or worse - frying my electrics. 

Can't fry electrics by plugging them in the wrong channel, to ease your concerns there - as long as you plug them in the right way around (signal to signal, positive to positive etc). 

Just plug steering and throttle in, turn everything on and carefully give some steering input. If the wheels steer, correct channel - if the motor starts spinning, wrong channel. You now know which channel is which, but for future reference, no need to worry about that. 

• Like 1

Chuck it at Ch3 or Ch4. 

To be particular: the receiver voltage is controlled by the ESC, so regardless of what you plug it into, it won't get "overloaded". But Ch3 and 4 are "aux channels", so that's where i'd chuck it in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graeme - Edinburgh said:

Yeah, I think I’ve got a lot to read up on before I can do this. It’s definitely not going to be plug and play. Thanks for the watch out. 

It wont be too bad I assure you 🙂

tenor.png

It really isn't a biggie. 

Rip old stuff out, connect the new receiver to the best of your abilities, take the wheels off, check if throttle/steering are connected as they're supposed to - do the endpoint adjustment (turn on radio, reset all trims on the radio, hold SET on the RC, turn on the RC, then do the neutral/full throttle/full reverse procedure as described in the manual), done. 👍

Hmm...nothing every quite that easy. Had hoped i'd plug it all in, turn on the bingo - not quite. See the quick setup instruction below. 

So i do as suggested. 

ESC cable plugged into channel 1 

Bing cable into bind slot

Turn it all on. Nothing happens. Continuous flashing red led on the ESC. Got into settings on the Radio and tell it to bind and it doesn't, though it's supposed to be bound already according to the manual. 

Some more reading me things. Thanks for the tips guys. 

Graeme

IMG_6802.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

the plug in the correct way round ?

Yes, definitely. Same way round as the current receiver. Black wire to the bottom. I'm assuming the issue relates to the Spektrum Firma ESC. The ESC has a flashing red light when I turn it on, almost like it's in safety mode because it does not recognise the receiver.  

That's the throttle calibration i talked about.

That comes after you bind the receiver. Continuous flashing on the ESC means that it has no receiver signal and will not finish the initial startup (the usual beepings and chimes). If everything is plugged in and the receiver doesn't do anything (it should blink) - either not plugged in correctly, or the receiver is naff. 

Try plugging the ESC into Ch2 and repeat. Just make absolutely sure of the polarity.

Edited by m4inbrain

Just remember, you don't even need to do anything yet. Just connect the ESC to the receiver one way or another, power on the ESC - if the receiver doesn't light up, turn it off again and try Ch2, check polarity etc. 

If push comes to shove i'll double check with my FG receivers (though they're v1). 

edit: my bad, i actually don't have and "big" FGs, i have the smaller FGR4S receivers.

Edited by m4inbrain

Okay..

Just had a brief look. You said somewhere you connected it the same way as the Spektrum was connected?

If so, that's wrong. 

image.png.bde1d81aab1bb8afb28319a8086e3fa5.png

On this picture, in the Spektrum the negative lead sits towards the camera, but on that FG receiver, the negative lead goes on the far side. 

edit: seen here, in a youtube video.

image.png.50c2663044258083d4cbd2d116541165.png

Signal towards the camera, negative away from the camera.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1