• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Typhon 3s owners thread.

4 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

No idea about the FTX, sorry. Though i can tell you that the Typhon is a significantly tougher RC. 

i was thinking about purchasing the typhon 3s and ftx outlaw but was thinking about saving some pennies.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2021 at 10:48, froggy8 said:

i was thinking about purchasing the typhon 3s and ftx outlaw but was thinking about saving some pennies.

Save a few pennies by not getting the Outlaw, but the 3s. 😛

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Save a few pennies by not getting the Outlaw, but the 3s. 😛

😄 good one but i cant, i really like the look of the outlaw also.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

buy the typhon and stick an outlaw shell on it best of both worlds :cheers:

i like an rc that looks like a crawler and an rc that looks like a buggy 🙂 

sticking an outlaw shell on a typhon wouldnt be the same 😄 

• Haha 1

So has anybody used any different bodies on a typhon. Can never leave stuff with standard bodies for some reason!! Was thinking of turning it into a baja bug !

• 3 weeks later...

Real talk now. Are these as good as people say? Im after something to hoon about with my Mrs Rustler 4x4, as well my Xmaxx isnt really comparable. 

Obvious choice for me is a Rustler 2wd VXL. I know what Im getting and I love then to be fair. That said, theyre very expensive for what they are. For an extra tenner I can get one of these, which is 4WD, has a better servo and isnt nearly 3 decades old. 

My Initial opinion of Arrma isnt massive due to my EXB, which ill sell to fund this? Just dont want to make another Arrma mistake?

thanks

24 minutes ago, JaseUK said:

Any recommendations for an alternative all-terrain tyre/wheels for a Typhon 3S BLX?

I've been looking around tonight but a lot seem to be out of stock 😞

Proline badlands mx are the usual go to for grass and loose dirt. They do wear quickly on tarmac though. 

On 14/04/2021 at 13:47, Guns said:

Real talk now. Are these as good as people say? Im after something to hoon about with my Mrs Rustler 4x4, as well my Xmaxx isnt really comparable. 

Obvious choice for me is a Rustler 2wd VXL. I know what Im getting and I love then to be fair. That said, theyre very expensive for what they are. For an extra tenner I can get one of these, which is 4WD, has a better servo and isnt nearly 3 decades old. 

My Initial opinion of Arrma isnt massive due to my EXB, which ill sell to fund this? Just dont want to make another Arrma mistake?

thanks

As long as you're getting a v3, yeah they are, but i'd suggest doing some research first. They're 3s buggies, they're not particularly fast (42mph, there abouts), there's a lot of plastic on them (not a downside to me). I haven't broken anything on mine yet (zero), but i'm not sending it to the moon either. 

That said: get the Rustler. It saves everyone the frustration (including you) if thinks don't go as expected.

3 hours ago, JaseUK said:

Any recommendations for an alternative all-terrain tyre/wheels for a Typhon 3S BLX?

I've been looking around tonight but a lot seem to be out of stock 😞

I'm running Duratrax Lockup C2 at the moment, bought on a bit of a whim (had to order some stuff from Amain and just chucked them in) - i'm incredibly impressed. They're absolutely amazing. 

Fair point, i'm not running them on my 3s - i'm running them on my 6s (i would run them on the 3s too but only got one set at the moment), but if they work great on the 6s, they can't do worse on the 3s. I'd absolutely suggest those to anyone.

image.thumb.png.d8c69dbe58239dce1d29c3229d764cfe.png

Edited by m4inbrain

7 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

I'm running Duratrax Lockup C2 at the moment, bought on a bit of a whim (had to order some stuff from Amain and just chucked them in) - i'm incredibly impressed. They're absolutely amazing. 

Fair point, i'm not running them on my 3s - i'm running them on my 6s (i would run them on the 3s too but only got one set at the moment), but if they work great on the 6s, they can't do worse on the 3s. I'd absolutely suggest those to anyone.

https://www.makeitbuildit.co.uk/fastrax-1-8-maze-block-mounted-on-8-spoke-black-chrome-pr-8026?gclid=Cj0KCQjw6-SDBhCMARIsAGbI7UiB2E0TzQq92dKoGSXE0tt7gRZsXPTPKq7VIVvEAUZxddaBH9L0DJ4aAkqPEALw_wcB

Fastrax seem do the same tyres with a different name. Might have to try them out, I wonder if they use the same rubber. 

7 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

They do look good on that, thanks 🙂

17 minutes ago, lorrylemming said:

And that's a really good price, worth trying them anyway.

2 minutes ago, JaseUK said:

Also as I quite often use it on tarmac, what would be a good choice of tyre/wheels then?

image.thumb.png.987027ae96454cc45c3e6b3bae338dcd.png

Duratrax Bandito C2, the other set i've bought.

They have so much grip, to the point where i'm scared that i'll bend my driveshafts. I can't tell you how long they're gonna last (mine are still new, basically), but man do they grip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaseUK said:

They do look good on that, thanks 🙂

And that's a really good price, worth trying them anyway.

I don't think so (edit: don't think so they're the same, not don't think so worth trying - at that price there's no harm in trying obviously). 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/duratrax-lockup-buggy-tire-c2-mounted-spoke-black-2-/rc-car-products/442057

No way they sell them at less than half the price if it's the identical tyre. At least i'd be very surprised. 

The dimensions are also not entirely equal (they're 1mm narrower, but 1mm larger in diameter). But that's going by descriptions in shops (Duratrax 117/43, Fastrax 118/42), so no idea there. They also don't specify a compound, the Duratrax comes in different ones.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Is that plug and play or did you need new posts or other mods? 

Link please. 🙂

All it needs is senton body mounts and cut the rear of the body quite a bit! I need to try a senton bumper to help protect the front of the body I think. 

Body is out of stock everywhere at the moment, I managed to get the last one anywhere. 

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/104786/

Body mounts

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=431380

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
15 minutes ago, AJB RACING said:

Good evening,

I've finally decided to buy a Typhon 3s!! Was just wondering had any fellow members considered selling one? If so please send me a PM as I'd be interested.

Thank you 

hi there,

you would need to create a wanted ad on the wanted section 🙂 

Hi guy's apologies for any stupid questions as I'm a complete noob to the Arrma range and never owned a buggy style. I was wondering could you give me some advice on the best 3s lipos for this buggy. I'd also appreciate any advice on any other upgrades etc before I purchase.? I'll probably use modelsport, however they give you an option to pick a pro package upgrade however as I have a good charger I really only need a few lipos and thought it best to ask you guys before buying.

Thank you AJ