• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie from Derby!

xMullerTx

Probably.  Pre covid we'd run all over,  such as elvaston castle was always good when it wasn't busy (mid week /  not high summer) as has a nice range of terrains.  I only run electric now so don't get complaints due to noise but of course need to be very careful when there's people about.

1 hour ago, propaintballa said:

Welcome! I am in Beeston, so not far. Been struggling to find bashing spots and it seems like you may have found my thread in the East Mids section. If you find anywhere, be sure to keep us updated! 🙂

Do you know Stanton ironworks near Ilkeston, there’s a place around there where people use quad bikes etc. Was going to have a look there to see what it’s like. 
https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/route/3647885/Sustrans-Nutbrook-Trail

The green part on this map near Hallam fields.

10772EF5-FC57-43EE-ABD2-CB01CAA44379.png

29 minutes ago, xMullerTx said:

Wasn’t sure if it would be frowned upon to go to places like Elvaston castle, I was looking at more spots of the beaten track. Didn’t want to upset folk and their dogs etc. Will have a look cheers.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't touch Elvaston Castle with anything RC, electric or not. That's a bit too antisocial for me, even as a nitro lover haha. 

28 minutes ago, xMullerTx said:

Do you know Stanton ironworks near Ilkeston, there’s a place around there where people use quad bikes etc. Was going to have a look there to see what it’s like. 
https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/route/3647885/Sustrans-Nutbrook-Trail

The green part on this map near Hallam fields.

10772EF5-FC57-43EE-ABD2-CB01CAA44379.png

I actually stumbled upon this place when I was randomly trawling Google maps for places. I think I discounted it because it looked like it was fenced in. Could be worth a shot if there is a way in though!

1 hour ago, propaintballa said:

Yeah, I personally wouldn't touch Elvaston Castle with anything RC, electric or not. That's a bit too antisocial for me, even as a nitro lover haha. 

I actually stumbled upon this place when I was randomly trawling Google maps for places. I think I discounted it because it looked like it was fenced in. Could be worth a shot if there is a way in though!

That route 67 goes straight through the area so it’s easily accessible. Haven’t explored much off the track but I’ve seen people around there so not sure how much is fenced off, if it is at all. Worse case you can just smash it near the cycle track area so it won’t be a complete waste of time. If I pop down I’ll let you know what it’s like. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/02/2021 at 16:05, xMullerTx said:

That route 67 goes straight through the area so it’s easily accessible. Haven’t explored much off the track but I’ve seen people around there so not sure how much is fenced off, if it is at all. Worse case you can just smash it near the cycle track area so it won’t be a complete waste of time. If I pop down I’ll let you know what it’s like. 

Sounds good! Did you manage to get down there at all? I've been a bit busy so haven't had time to take the cars out 😕

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2021 at 10:54, propaintballa said:

Sounds good! Did you manage to get down there at all? I've been a bit busy so haven't had time to take the cars out 😕

Yeah I did try a couple of weeks ago. They had put plastic fences up in one area (which looked great) and signs saying trespasses will be prosecuted etc. So didn’t bother. There was a little bit of waste land on the actual path, however I wouldn’t bother unless you lived close. 

1 hour ago, xMullerTx said:

Yeah I did try a couple of weeks ago. They had put plastic fences up in one area (which looked great) and signs saying trespasses will be prosecuted etc. So didn’t bother. There was a little bit of waste land on the actual path, however I wouldn’t bother unless you lived close. 

IMG_7198.MOV

Damn, that's a shame. The video doesn't seem to be working btw...