• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

@Jack Reacher  This is one I modelled (Fusion360) and printed myself based on the stock bumper.

I used a piece of 8mm diameter aluminium tubing for the attachment rods and it is slammed tight to the front bumper mount.

Cura printing settings. 5 walls, 50% cubic infill, 0.2 layer height with supports enabled (for the attachment rod holes)

Printed with the upper surface face down on a glass bed.

Step and STL files here if you (or anyone else) want to try it out

Step file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OK4vcmWL1s4iAEoaIH1CIz3FFee_cgqI/view?usp=sharing

STL file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Cw1xfoks5O0s9Zk03zenIWFxhlRMz9x/view?usp=sharing

Edited by MrPeaski
Updated file links
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, MrPeaski said:

@Jack Reacher  This is one I modelled (Fusion360) and printed myself based on the stock bumper.

I used a piece of 8mm diameter aluminium tubing for the attachment rods and it is slammed tight to the front bumper mount.

Cura printing settings. 5 walls, 50% cubic infill, 0.2 layer height with supports enabled (for the attachment rod holes)

Printed with the upper surface face down on a glass bed.

Step and STL files here if you (or anyone else) want to try it out

DC-1 Bumper.step 106.55 kB · 1 download

V2-bumper.stl 125.08 kB · 1 download

Nice one for sharing the stl mate think I might have to get tinkering on my DC1. Btw the links aren't working?

• Like 1

@MrPeaski Nice job on the front bumper, can I ask about your axle stands, the ones I printed from Thingiverse are not a great fit for the DC1 axle, are those ones you designed or are they someone from 'tinternet somewhere?

Tyres: The Kit tyres are 115mm tall, and the ones I ordered are a bit taller at 120mm and I am hoping they visually look a bit more chunky:

Injora Tyres

Not got them yet, but I need more tyres as I am (amazingly slowly!) 3d printing this offroad trailer from thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3543490

I already bought alloy beadlockers so I already have 9 wheels, but only 5 tyres so I needed more tyres anyway for the trailer so if they turn out to be rubbish rubber when they arrive I will keep Hobao on the DC1 and put the Injora ones on the trailer - I think the Injora tyres will look better so as long as they are not made of bakealite I will swap them onto the beadlockers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Smart looking trailer :good:

I figured its a bit of fun, somewhere to keep the sandwiches when out on a long drive? 😉

I have the chassis and toolbox printed, along with small parts for the rear bumper and "lights" and "vents", the big box (in white) is on the printer now ETA 3am, but I am missing the tow hardware as I ordered a new bumper set front/rear from China and that's still in the post along with the trailer hitch part that needs to bolt on to the trailer.

I'll probably spend ages making it then never use it... but half the fun is in the built right!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, stretch said:

What size bolts I need for the the flat head axle bolt mod and also what weight oil/setup tips for the shocks.

M3 x 22mm for the bolts

Seems like 30wt or around 300/350CST is in the stock ones.

I have G-Made Aeration shocks on mine again with the stock oil supplied with those

50 minutes ago, MrPeaski said:

M3 x 22mm for the bolts

Seems like 30wt or around 300/350CST is in the stock ones.

I have G-Made Aeration shocks on mine again with the stock oil supplied with those

Excellent many thanks i'll get some bolts ordered and luckily already have some 30wt oil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...