• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Horizon Hobby UK website temporarily unavailable due to Brexit...

Tony

Wow this is bad news indeed seeing as Horizon have cornered the market of late. I wonder if this will apply to the likes of Logic there U.K. distributors  or just non retail ? You can bet your bottom dollar there will be price hike coming now as well 😧

If you read the msg its states "due to recent carrier service changes" so all that says to me is that Horizon is having issues with their current carrier ie: DHL etc

Please correct me if I'm wrong 🤔

I just really wish Arrma/Horizon had a legit UK presence here and not LogicRC..

Maybe if we're lucky Horizon USA may start supplying the UK direct..!!

Royal Mail/Post Office are the same - they're not accepting any parcels that needs to be sent to EU - they said it's because they don't know what sort of paperwork are need to declare it. So could be related for EU to UK?

15 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

If you read the msg its states "due to recent carrier service changes" so all that says to me is that Horizon is having issues with their current carrier ie: DHL etc

Please correct me if I'm wrong 🤔

I just really wish Arrma/Horizon had a legit UK presence here and not LogicRC..

Maybe if we're lucky Horizon USA may start supplying the UK direct..!!

They did have a U.K. base it closed and moved to Germany 😂👍

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Someone said this in the ARRMA forum - "Think it's all European retail. had an email from Euro RC saying can not post to the UK . and Hobbykings EU warehouse won't ship to UK"

This is not good at all.

I believe that it very much has to do with the new VAT/Duty regime, and no one knowing how to traverse the system.

That might change - but very much expect price increases though, margins weren't huge to begin with, so likely the increase in cost will be forwarded to the customer.

image.png.17f99284629aa98e53eba66fb6f52cc8.png

I would have expected that all the shipping companies would have at least prepared themselves for any outcome and changes from 1/1.

After all, it is their loss of turnover.

But even Amazon Prime is having problems now. 3 of my 5 orders suddenly turned "Undeliverable". Never had that before.

On the other hand Covid had a massive influence as well.

For some days the UK was almost completely locked out.

German Post stopped delivering any mail to the UK for a while and DHL (formerly German Post) is probably struggling as well to get anything over here. 

I think once they find the new Covid mutant in the rest of Europe and all those customs/tariff matters are settled things will run smoother again.

Meanwhile I hope everyone has enough running cars or spares to repair and we should just keep on bashing/crawling/flying/riding/whatsoever into the new year. 😁😁😁

That's all what counts!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jens said:

I would have expected that all the shipping companies would have at least prepared themselves for any outcome and changes from 1/1.

Yes, but the problem is, everyone is waiting on the Gov to give them something to work with. All of their adverts saying "Get Ready" but they published little docs on how to get ready. Now that the Gov has voted the so-called  'Deal' earlier today, things is moving forward but tomorrow is 31st, the last day of 2020...

So we'll see a few weeks (or months) of disruptions until it 's back to normal - whatever the 'new normal' is! ;) 

Yes that is very true, I myself had a gander on the Gov website about preparing yourself for 2021, not that I think it'll make a huge difference to me besides some of my hobbies and information wasn't as readily available as I expected.

It will be interesting to see what happens with these eBay sellers who break the selling rules by drop shipping items instead of having inventory.

Edited by Oh How Original

The shipping rules are no different to the rest of the world, as we didn't get a trade deal we will treat them like any other country when it comes to importing and exporting. 

Another part of the issue is that due to Covid and the massive increase in items beun shipped they ar struggling to keep up, adding a load more paperwork will only add to the issues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

The shipping rules are no different to the rest of the world, as we didn't get a trade deal we will treat them like any other country when it comes to importing and exporting. 

Another part of the issue is that due to Covid and the massive increase in items beun shipped they ar struggling to keep up, adding a load more paperwork will only add to the issues. 

We did get a trade deal. The rules are different.

Christ.