• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Return to RC

Lammylad93

Afternoon All

My name's Mark and I live in Leeds.

From being fairly young (20+ years ago now!) , I was obsessed with my Clod Buster. It suffered a few impacts from trees and park benches over time, thanks to my expert driving and so, it was rebuilt from the ground up by me and my Dad around 15 years ago. I still have the clod buster to this day and all it needs are some new tyres and it's good to go.

Wishing to look after the clod buster as it aged, I bought myself a Traxxas Rustler which was very well loved and sold on this forum a few years ago now. It was replaced with my M-05 Tamiya Mini which I'm sad to say hasn't had much use recently due to house purchases, car purchases and general life getting in the way.

Determined to get back into some good old RC fun for 2021 however, I've just bought myself a Revo 3.3 to run off road, while my trusty Mini will be getting some on-road action too.

I haven't got much experience with Nitro so the revo is going to be something to get used to but i'm looking forward to it. Any pointers from any of the more experienced guys would be more than welcome 😀

Equally, if there are any others around Leeds that have some decent places for meet ups and general bashing, i'd be grateful if I could maybe join you now and then.

So that's me in a nutshell... will hopefully pop my head up on the forum every now and then and maybe even meet up with a few of you for a drive about at some point.

All the best

Mark

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum, if you fancy some proper fun with your m05 there's an indoor track at ossett called force raceway that race them once a month, it's a great little venue run by a great couple (me and my partner ran tamiya racing trucks there pre covid) they are online and on Facebook

• Like 1

It's well worth it (me and my partner travel on public transport from Keighley), if you've got Facebook there's a group for force that's full of info and help, don't worry about it been modified the regulations are for stock at the moment (iv screenshot the regs but they are very loose guide)

Screenshot_20201211-142809.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred barlow said:

It's well worth it (me and my partner travel on public transport from Keighley), if you've got Facebook there's a group for force that's full of info and help, don't worry about it been modified the regulations are for stock at the moment (iv screenshot the regs but they are very loose guide)

Screenshot_20201211-142809.jpg

Brilliant! Thank you for the info Fred.

That definitely looks like something I could get involved with 😛

• Like 1