• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just purchased HPI Trophy 3.5

Bennettironman

Hi again everyone,

I have purchased a HPI Trophy buggy for track use ...I am a total novice...in track use..and my first go with Nitro....but I am mechanicaly minded ..so was thinking...as it's a second hand buggy shall I strip it down and do a rebuild ? If so what shall I replace on rebuild ? Bearings etc .... anything I need too look out for or upgrade whilst I am at it.oh regards wheels and tyres for Astro track use..what should I be using for wet and dry ? ...thanks in advance 

Bennettironman

• Like 1

was using these last year on a astro track buddy good price and heated up enough to stick well in the corners without roll overs been using them on dusty tracks too they do great but avoid tarmac like the plague as they will wear fast !!

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-1-8-truggy-x-block-mounted-on-white-dish-wheels-2-0-offset/rc-car-products/405191

not sure on the nitro advice tbh depends how many tanks the engine has been i would think 👍

Definitely get yourself a new glow plug. They're cheap and can make a big difference.

The manual...

https://www.competitionx.com/pdfs/vehicle-manuals/hpi-racing/hpi-trophy-35-manual.pdf

... recommends between an R3 and an R5 plug. So, I'd say go with an R4! ^_^

Fastrax do decent, cheap glow plugs.