• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Senton 3S BLX owners

@Jack Reacher you selling or not?! Seen another post in another thread!

But if you are still on the lookout for another narrow body, the big rock is an option if staying with arrma. Body post, mudguards on the chassis and it is ready to roll. That's how I have mine.

You also got the typhoon but the chassis is a lot more exposed, the Kraton 4S. 

I haven't looked in other brand 

• Like 1

On 29/01/2021 at 10:41, Fourmiz29 said:

For softer shocks, I was told when querying the viscosity to fill mine with, need to be thinner than the stock shock oil which is 42.5wt.  I have filled with thicker because the bore is larger on my new shocks

I think I am going to put some 40wt in them, they are a much bigger bore, but the oil in them now seems very thick, the Senton is much lighter than the 6s Typhon they are from so it stands to reason.

That said, I have a Big Rock on the way, so I might just put the shocks on that and rebuild the Senton original shocks with thicker oil... I just hate rebuilding shocks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fourmiz29 said:

@Jack Reacher you selling or not?! Seen another post in another thread!

But if you are still on the lookout for another narrow body, the big rock is an option if staying with arrma. Body post, mudguards on the chassis and it is ready to roll. That's how I have mine.

You also got the typhoon but the chassis is a lot more exposed, the Kraton 4S. 

I haven't looked in other brand 

I have made final decision to move it on, i asked on another forum about converting it to a Typhon, and it would simply work out cheaper to move the senton on and buy a Typhon. As i have openly said the Senton is a great rig, just not the right one for me

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Repaired and bashed the Senton.

Noticed how clean and nice it was inside the front diff, considering it has never been apart to my knowledge, note my grease is red, this is greeny/blue which comes with the Senton.

This thing has been covered in mud, water and snow sooo many times and not a spec of dirt inside, I am quite impressed with that.

148300176-836666710224757-83751616587541

There is a Senton there somewhere...

148264388-732038704118616-86877859825418

And one of my favourites 3s LiPos gave up the ghost 😞

148994015-452173719303105-20419028651305

• Like 1

Hi all got my senton 3s on Sunday already own a typhon 3s totally different driving experience but it does get dirty inside ordered scorched parts inner fenders to see if it helps. Just a question to ask are all the senton shells the same as in 3s and 4x4 just like the colour of some of the 4x4 shells but seems price difference between them.

15 hours ago, Glenn75 said:

Hi all got my senton 3s on Sunday already own a typhon 3s totally different driving experience but it does get dirty inside ordered scorched parts inner fenders to see if it helps. Just a question to ask are all the senton shells the same as in 3s and 4x4 just like the colour of some of the 4x4 shells but seems price difference between them.

The arch wheel clearance is likely to change. I have the blue V3 and the red mega and these are the difference I have spotted so far. Bodypost are the same. If you have done any shoogoo and tape or equivalent on your body, make sure you clear the contact zone with the body post when you will fit your fenders

Good point will do some more research, some ebay sellers are also saying they will only fit the v3 model didn't think they changed them much only bearings ,slipper clutch and transmitter even arrma's website says there's no difference.

Just wondered what servo everybody was using in there senton, thinking about upgrading mine just ordered kimbrough servo saver just not sure which servo to go for. I've got jst ecoboost in my typhon but think it may be to fast for the senton.