• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Infraction/Felony/Limitless owners

supersavage

I think the guy did (mine's pre-owned), but certainly will have a look. It does feel like throwing an anchor though, happy with the brakes - so he probably did change it. Not sure whether or not i should be missing the handbrake of the Infraction, i can see that as being fun, but i can also see that as being proper scary.

• Like 1

I'm not sure the hand brake will be as effective on the felony due to the wider tires. Also if I'm being honest now that I've changed the diff oils and adjusted some of the ESC settings I don't think I'll end using mine so I'll probably remove it. Though I do kind of wish arrma went for a full mechanical brake set up though instead of the handbrake as I think it would help reduce some stress on the electrics and give a little more control when trying to slow these things down. 

• Like 1

Gave the Infraction a run this morning it is far nicer to drive with the esc and diff oil changes. I do think I should have ordered some white compound hoons rather than silver though. I also ended up bumping a curb and slightly bending my splitter which is annoying  but a bit of heat should sort it out. I did get a video but its not great which I'll try and post it later. 

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.866501dd5940bb8525bd88f7a6390a4e.png

Bit of cleaning, looking mint again. 

I think i need to take this out of the shelf and put it somewhere in the living room, just looks so good. Also, no one mention the dirt there to my wife, gotta hoover before she notices - it's more comfy in the living room, but carpet + dirty RC = dog house.

• Haha 2

I have my Infraction sitting on top of my PC so I can admire it lol. Speaking of hoovers I usually just stick the brush attachment on ours and hoover the car after taking it out 😆

Really am tempted to get a Felony when/if they come back in stock as I feel like if you own one you need the other 😍😂  

• Like 2

I don't have an EDS brush for my hoover, always concerned that static charge will kill something. Probably very unlikely, but considering i've blown up a router by using an air compressor.. I'll not take my chances. :D

For me, i'm happy with the Felony. I think there's another crawler in the stars for me next - not much space in the shelf currently for big stuff. 😕

• Like 1

With the scorched fenders there really isn't much that gets in mine so doesn't take much to clean it. 

I have a few RC's I'm looking at but I keep going back to the Felony as I think I'm more likely to use it plus I can then let my brother drive one or the other if he wants, also  don't really have any interesting off road spots near me plus it looks really cool lol. Though the Losi LMT also keeps catching my eye but will have to wait for more reviews on that I think. 

@supersavage regarding tyres you could always try GRP tyres which is what I use for speed runs.

Ever so slightly smaller than the Hoons (98mm versus 100mm I believe) but that won't matter much at all. The price difference is significant if you're wearing through your tyres quickly as the GRP are around £18 per pair versus around £30 per pair for Hoons. 

I buy mine from Trackside Spares;  https://www.tracksidespares.co.uk/?product_cat=&post_type=product&s=grp

Various compounds are available going from hard (S7) to soft (S1). 👍 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GMballistic said:

Oh and thought I'd share a pic of my Limitless GT speed runner ~ lot's of parts I've made on it using carbon fibre and aluminium. Has a TP4070 brushless motor running 8S via Castle XLX. 👍

77.thumb.jpg.5c7866a960e740f9937e9be4414f760c.jpg

Running SP Racing 50 shore hardness foams on that BTW which is another cheaper tyre alternative although really hard to find here in the UK (imported from Italy).
 https://www.spracing.it/GT_FOAM.html

That beast looks fast just sitting there 👍

Thanks for the link I'll probably pick up some GRPs after Christmas 👍

• Thanks 1

Got a little list of carbon parts that I want from scorched but I'm going to wait till the worst of the Christmas madness is over first. I was initially toying with Titanium shock towers but I think that'll be overkill for what I'm doing with my Infraction so I'm going for carbon ones instead. 

Edited by supersavage

2 hours ago, supersavage said:

Got a little list of carbon parts that I want from scorched but I'm going to wait till the worst of the Christmas madness is over first. I was initially toying with Titanium shock towers but I think that'll be overkill for what I'm doing with my Infraction so I'm going for carbon ones instead. 

Scorched RC make fantastic parts and I don't think you'd go wrong with anything they/he makes. 

Don't be afraid with trying to make stuff yourself though especially with parts that you're replacing like for like but just in carbon fibre. Carbon fibre is very easy to work with although does require good PPE measures for safety, ...G10 is another alternative. 
If you do decide to try anything like that happy to give you some ideas or tips where I can. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMballistic said:

Scorched RC make fantastic parts and I don't think you'd go wrong with anything they/he makes. 

Don't be afraid with trying to make stuff yourself though especially with parts that you're replacing like for like but just in carbon fibre. Carbon fibre is very easy to work with although does require good PPE measures for safety, ...G10 is another alternative. 
If you do decide to try anything like that happy to give you some ideas or tips where I can. 😉

Thanks bud 👍 I have thought about making my own parts a few times unfortunately I don't really have a suitable space to do it. 

Yep Scorched make great stuff, part of me is also contemplating switching out their V1 fenders I've got on my Infraction to their V2 version as they look like they fit alot better. 

• 4 weeks later...