• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas stampede upgrades. Rpm? Or China Aluminum?

jimbulsara

Hi.

my son has recently crashed the stampede and broken the bearing carrier.

i had a look around and found the rpm ones in model sport.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=15472
has anyone ever used them? Are they worth the upgrade compared to the normal Traxxas one? Or should I get some aluminium ones from China?  Or do I save up to get the official Traxxas aluminium ones?( a bit pricey at 30 quid...)
I have tried to read some post online but the reviews are all over the place for RPM parts which are not A Arms.

Also, he seems to have bent that pin that goes through the caster block and the carriers. I hammered it a bit, but it still has a bit of a bend. Can I buy these pins separately or do I have to get them with caster blocks?

On a related topic, Are the aluminium upgrades you see on eBay from China reliable?

55 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

RPM are about the strongest plastic parts made.

Buy RPM.

Never buy cheap China alloy junk on a basher.

35 minutes ago, Ninetiesbeard said:

As above, never china aluminium. American if anything, but usually RPM over everything.

35 minutes ago, Ninetiesbeard said:

As above, never china aluminium. American if anything, but usually RPM over everything.

Cool. I will probably get some rpm then.  Might as well upgrade the rear carriers too while I am at it.

• Like 1

Alloy bends plastic flexes and cheapo chinese alloy bends easier than a cheese string 

RPM are as good but usually a lot better than original plastic parts for durability 🍻

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GorillaZilla said:

I thought the video had been reversed after the impact for comedic effect,   but no the car actually did that....   Nutty.

Yep. It is nuts. I ended up getting rpm replacements. Not the a arms though, mine are still usable. once they go I will get the rpm ones.

• Like 1