• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

It's it worth me selling?

RevoMikey

Hi guys, i have a hugely upgraded Revo 3.3 with pretty much every hop up you can think of, rpm arms, foc, picco max engine, traxxas cvds, techno wing mount, 23mm proline wheels, the list just goes on. Over the years I've pumped way over a £1500 into it, does anyone still do nitro? Is it worth me getting rid of it? Shes been used and enjoyed so isn't a shelf queen but she kicks ass in the nitro department. What do you think?

I've also got a decent hpi truggy flux sitting around,

Both need a tx/rx. If anyone thinks their worth putting up I'll take some photos.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

if you have a place to run it i wouldnt sell it, considering the huge amount of money and some sentimental value involved, im guessing if you sell it you will regret it at some point and i doubt you would get a fraction of what you have invested into it :(

i would never sell something like that  :)

Nitros still big mikey not as big as brushless but alot of diehard nitroheads about still :)

agree with Yrkoon if you can afford to keep get some use out of it find some local bashers for more fun etc

sometimes its better to sell the hopups unless you get a good price as a whole

• Like 1

I sold all my nitro gear and regretted it within a couple of months and started buying them again. Brushless is convenient but totally numb and soulless. If you have somewhere to run it and don't need the cash then i'd keep it!

• Like 1

If I lived out in the sticks somewhere, I'd have at least one nitro.  Love the sound / smell, not so much the mess and (sometimes) inconsistent running.  Not sure my neighbours would appreciate it where I am now...

• Like 1

I know of a few people who sold nitro RCs and regretted it a few months/years later. (including myself). 

Since you spent a lot of money on it, it's worth keeping it - you'll be back playing it later.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I sold my Nitros and bought a 2 stroke petrol , that was equally stealthy :)

i have since been converted to brushless and love it so im probably not in the majority with this thread 

You should keep it unless your desperate for cash,  it won't fetch much now.

A guy tried selling his T-Maxx on here which was heavily modified but a POS

He was asking £345 I think which i messaged him about and said the price

Was a bit OTT, he said I was wrong.

Its been on ebay for months now @ £290 and hasn't sold