• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Kronos XP 6s

On 16/08/2020 at 17:34, Jumper said:

yeah, i go through loads of wing mounts on the hyper ST gets pretty annoying. 

I wonder if the Kronos wing mount would fit on the Hyper ST with a little work...    What's the spacing between the two mounting holes on the Corally wing mount? 

Edited by GorillaZilla
  • Like 1

One thing I like about Hypers is the experimentation with swapping parts around between them,   Like My nephews Hotrod style Hyper 7 has buggy wheels in the front and monster truck wheels at the back,  but can still have 4WD without spinning the internals of the center diff like mad,  because the rear end is running the lower gear ratio Hyper ST pinion and crown gear on the rear diff.  So both sets of wheels have the same ground speed vrs center shaft rotation.

@.AJ.

Thinking of getting one for the wife. How's the spare situation etc, all good? Any optional parts that are necessary from the get go, or does it hold up well (gonna be running 4s exclusively, fast enough for her)?

CML have pretty much every part available, it’s worth getting the v2 parts package to bring the truck up to the latest spec, speed wise its good for 50mph on 4s 👍 

The v2 parts offer is still open for a while yet according to Stefan the Corally big boss man, the full package is around £180 at rrp, with the offer I paid about £50 shipped 

https://mailchi.mp/corally/push-your-limits

• Like 1

Cheers pal, got plenty of diff oil in the garage so that's not an issue. 

Though i would've thought that the Kronos now comes v2 as stock, rather than me having to purchase the upgraded parts additionally - and not together with the truck either. I love the campaign itself, i think every manufacturer should do it, but for a new buyer it's a bit inconvenient. 

Still.. How's the stock radio? It of course is a tie between Kraton and Kronos, radio on the Kraton is a huge minus. What's the biggest problem on the Kronos, you'd say?

Edited by m4inbrain

Well.. I don't have or had any of those RCs either lol.

Though i suppose i could switch my Noble in, technically. Would've just been more convenient if it's serviceable out of the box. 

Apart from that, what's the biggest problem with the truck?

Just now, .AJ. said:

I’m not sure when the updated models will be available, I do know it won’t be called a v2 though 

Well it's not that big an issue either way, just inconvenient. 

I ordered the second hand one on model sport and registered for the upgrade pack and Corally have confirmed my eligibility so I’ve just ordered option pack 2.
So I can confirm they are still doing the upgrades - which makes this car very good value!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, Goddinaw said:

I ordered the second hand one on model sport and registered for the upgrade pack and Corally have confirmed my eligibility so I’ve just ordered option pack 2.
So I can confirm they are still doing the upgrades - which makes this car very good value!

Cool on that :thumbsup:

AJ - have you swapped the pinion for a smaller one? I bought a twelve tooth one that I was going to use when I moved to 6s, but it was running fairly hot on 4s yesterday, so I’m thinking of putting it in anyway.

I take you haven’t added a heat sink / fan to the motor? Thanks!

On 14/09/2020 at 19:56, .AJ. said:

The battery tray is bit limited, it’s been designed for race sized hard packs

Well.. 

Didn't go for the Kronos, but will order a Dementor tomorrow (£370ish from germany, new). Couldn't walk past that deal. 

Gonna order two of them new "Rapid" batteries from HK, 4s 5500mah 140c (well.. allegedly) hard case for £55, and that's that.

One thing, who does aftermarket parts, like mud guards etc?

Edited by m4inbrain

36 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Appreciated, gonna order mudguards there, wife should not be running the truck stupendously, so no need to beef up yet. 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

I can also make/print mudguards if you like :)

From ABS, or what are you printing (assuming you print?)?

I did not order the Kronos, but i did order the Dementor, arrives tomorrow. Do you have an example piece for a different RC or something? Price?  

edit: jesus you're literally saying "print", gotta have me eyes checked.

Edited by m4inbrain

3 hours ago, Goddinaw said:

Hi Paul, I’m interested in the bumpers like you made for AJ. How much are they - I would offer to PM you but not sure how I do that on here! Thanks

Click his name on the left, in his profile on top there's two orange buttons - the one with "Message" is the correct one. ;)