• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx vantage help save my sons birthday please

harry87

Hi I recently bought a brushed vantage for my sons birthday today, I had it out the other day testing it and was working fine didnt crash or nothing, took all the batteries out and wrapped it ready for his birthday, opened it today put new batteries in the controller and there was no throttle but still had steering? And also now I have pressed the button on the blue chip and now the motor doesnt respond either? Please help and thanks for your patience as you can tell I'm not very clued up, but have a very unhappy son on his birthday here and wheelspin dont respond very well

When you say you pressed the blue button ..... have you gone through the manual and followed the calibration process?

There will be more to it than just pressing a reset button. It's possible the controller has lost it's calibration, which basically means it has no idea whatto do when you operate the throttle.

Read through the manual and look for 'calibration' and it should tell you how to do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

try rebinding it and recalibrate the esc 

is the battery fully charged ? 

Yh fully charged and fresh energizer batteries on control it's a brushed motor I've bonded it I dont understand was working fine all I did was wrap it up 

are there any flashing / solid lights lights on the speed controller?

check what manual says about them 

another thing check the throttle trim is centred as some speed controllers wont arm if its seeing a throttle input

Edited by Stormbringer

I'm sorry to hear about that man it sucks :(.

Unfortunately the brushed ftx vehicles aren't renowned for their electronics so there is a chance that the motor for instance has died. That may not be the case but it seems to have happened to a lot of people.

I really hope you can sort it out

i had a problem like that before on a thunder tiger drifter, it appeared to work then next time i turned it on had the same sort of hassle, was lucky it was a local hobby store, my esc was knackered out the box and i fear yours might be too :(

i am super gutted for you and ur son :(

edit: is there a hint of noise or vibration or heat coming of the motor?

edit 2 : i recently built a grass hopper and the motor was unresponsive, even on a 2nd esc, took it out wiggled it shook it and turned the shaft  about a bit and its been running flawlessly for hours and hours, just suddenly came back to life.

Edited by Yrkoon

11 hours ago, harry87 said:

I've only used it once for 5 mins are they really that bad? I did a bit of research n was told that was best for money for a starting car for him, cheers buddy does suck, wheelspin reply to about 1 message a day too

Personally I don't really recommend them anymore because they seem to be so unreliable. The brushless ones are a lot more reliable electronics wise but the increased speed means they break very easily in a crash. If you get one that's working then they're a blast.

Really hope it gets sorted for you. Unfortunately I'm not really sure what the issue is :(

Edited by fnknan

12 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

i had a problem like that before on a thunder tiger drifter, it appeared to work then next time i turned it on had the same sort of hassle, was lucky it was a local hobby store, my esc was knackered out the box and i fear yours might be too :(

i am super gutted for you and ur son :(

edit: is there a hint of noise or vibration or heat coming of the motor?

edit 2 : i recently built a grass hopper and the motor was unresponsive, even on a 2nd esc, took it out wiggled it shook it and turned the shaft  about a bit and its been running flawlessly for hours and hours, just suddenly came back to life.

I will have a play thank you, just a knocking noise coming from motor when I pull on throttle, I spoke to wheelspin said it might be motor gone and unwound have to pay for all replacement parts myself, I've disconnected the motor like they told me to and connected it straight to the battery and they said that should make the wheels spin? I wasnt to sure, anyway they didnt soon, trying to say I ran the motor for to long, I only had it out 5mins, oh and they've worked all this out without even looking at it