• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hellhorn herja chassis development journey

Hell horn.

Mounted esc and rx to front axle. Got to sort the battery mount out next.  And make a better mount for the esc and rx. But it's closer to being done then ever before. 

IMG_20210504_193835.jpg

• Like 1

Making a mount to fix everything to front axle. Just need to swap some bolts over and fit it better.  But think it should work ok

IMG_20210506_172320.jpg

• Like 1

Remembered I had some team durango shocks.  Messed around with them and they work super well.  Mini t springs work on them.   Now I need to find another 2.  A set on ebay at the moment for £20 but I think they are the longer ones 

Had a redesign of the link riser and esc/battery mount.  Think it's going in the right direction now. 

My purple alu bits arrived to match the wheels. Got more bits coming to finish that off. 

And got some 2660 shock parts to make a front pair.  Then suspension is sorted.  So so close now. But unfortunately I'm out of money now for this project for now.   So might go quiet on this for a bit.  My works just told me Im going to be on sat sick pay now.  So approx **** all a week. 

IMG_20210510_194712.jpg

IMG_20210510_194621.jpg

IMG_20210510_194539.jpg

IMG_20210510_194625.jpg

Managed to remove the case and heat sink from the 1080 esc.  So smashed that and the rx together. Just need some bigger heat shrink to rap it in now. 

Will Tidy it up later.  

IMG_20210513_101714.jpg

• Like 1

If any one wants to donate to my. Finish my sporty project at bloody last. Then feel free lol. All donations are super welcome. Thanks guys. 

• Haha 1

A lot of people run tiny body's on them. In comps you have to have a body. Why not have a tiny one.  Makes it look like the most crazy monster truck ever 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Moving ever onwards!! Body looks fun. I would trim the flanks so they are round edged not angular... 

So that 1080... Any pics pf it bare then? Bet it looked fowl!!🤣 I looked at one once and there was a lot of glue and potting compound in there!!

New drive shafts ordered.   Heat shrink ordered.  Once it arrives I will get some pictures for you @stimpy .   Next week's order will be a ton of aluminium bolts for it and a few small bits. 

Esc in all its glory lol. Its a mess. I cut off a lot of the glue?  Stuff.  Unfortunately the program prongs got bent and snapped. But I already have it set to what I want so won't need them again and can always solder a lead to them if needed.  

It is tiny with every thing removed from it. 

IMG_20210515_122543.jpg

• Like 1

Well that's the 1080 dead.  My little one decided it was funny to squat water at me. Just when I was testing it. It want bang. Balls.  Back to the back up esc for now. 

• Sad 2