• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gmade Komodo Double Cab GS02- Kit Build

PraetoR

Coming on great. 

Just take your time with the paint work and it'll look great, the pinstriping on mine took over an hour to mask, but turned out how I wanted, and I hate masking lol. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

Crawlmaster Sport 550.

It does and I can. But the last time I tried that, I ruined the motor by making it run rough and hot! Decided it was safer to just get another motor! 

Does it have markings on the can?.
If so, set to 0. Then run the motor and check direction of rotation is correct for your application with TX in normal position with all trims neutral. If not then rotate end bell 180 degrees. - that changes direction of rotation.

You can then tune the motor. 6/12 degrees advance max for a crawler. Run motor and listen, then rotate end bell, if it gets slower then you are retarding timing, so turn other way so you are advancing timing 👍

Or just leave at 0 degrees for now... 

• Like 2

On 14/05/2020 at 08:39, PraetoR said:

Speaking of the pinion mesh, mine seems a little loud, as well. Going to have another go at it when the new motor arrives. Got an Axial 11t pinion to fit.

Yeah I have a few pinions to try but want to test drive it first,I'm finishing off the body now so it won't be long 👍

Just watched your vid 👍  Regarding the play In your shock mounts ,I know mines a Bom kit but they're basically the same minus the rear cantilever set up .I can tighten the shocks up until they're solid and need the bolt backing off ,so I'm wondering if you have the correct ball joint in or maybe the bolt needs tightening a little more ? 

On 15/05/2020 at 14:13, tomr said:

Just watched your vid 👍  Regarding the play In your shock mounts ,I know mines a Bom kit but they're basically the same minus the rear cantilever set up .I can tighten the shocks up until they're solid and need the bolt backing off ,so I'm wondering if you have the correct ball joint in or maybe the bolt needs tightening a little more ? 

Just been back through the instructions and, unfortunately, these are the correct parts.

Reds are always tricky!... It’s not my cuppa but the actual job looks good mate - which is what you we’re concerned about... 

I assume you backed it with black? That would darken it.... 

8 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Reds are always tricky!... It’s not my cuppa but the actual job looks good mate - which is what you we’re concerned about... 

I assume you backed it with black? That would darken it.... 

Cheers. Nah, red isn't my cuppa, either. Only dark metallic reds, which is why I was so disappointed.

Yeah, she's backed with silver, then black. I could have gone straight for black, but that would have dulled the metallic finish. Honestly, I would simply have been much better-off opting for PS37 translucent red, rather than PS15 metallic red, but you live and learn.

This is my Losi XXX-S, done with PS37, then backed with PS48 chrome, and then black. Much closer to what I had envisioned.

xxxs.thumb.PNG.a7fa13d478c9a30eed53bf2cefc39eee.PNG

However, the silver lining is that the lighter colour of the truck allows the black bolt-on parts and graphics to stand-out much more, so I can't really complain!

Edited by PraetoR
  • Haha 1

Not the best red in the world but you've done a good job ,it looks great .

Managed to finish my body today ,worst part of kits for me but at least it's done . 

Have another kit arriving next week so have more painting to look forward to .....not .

Looking forward to see it's first run Preator .

5 minutes ago, tomr said:

Not the best red in the world but you've done a good job ,it looks great .

Managed to finish my body today ,worst part of kits for me but at least it's done . 

Have another kit arriving next week so have more painting to look forward to .....not .

Looking forward to see it's first run Preator .

Yeah, I know. To be fair, it's better in-person. My rubbish phone makes it look flat and lifeless, plus slightly pinker. it's not that bad! :xd:

Yeah, same. How long did it take you? I was 3 days, all-in.

Oh, what have you got?

Thanks, still waiting on a few things, but next week should see it all done.

18 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

Yeah, I know. To be fair, it's better in-person. My rubbish phone makes it look flat and lifeless, plus slightly pinker. it's not that bad! :xd:

Yeah, same. How long did it take you? I was 3 days, all-in.

Oh, what have you got?

Thanks, still waiting on a few things, but next week should see it all done.

Cut it out and sprayed it yesterday then spent a couple of hours fitting the cage and accessories 'this afternoon. I've not bothered with a single decal ,going for the mean and moody look  ...or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Ordered a Trx4 sport kit ,couldn't find one in stock over here so it's coming from Germany 

• Like 1

What width hex did you go for ?  

There's a lot of thread poking out after the wheel nuts on mine ,Im think ing 10mm should be enough ?

The bodyshell  looked great in your video btw 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomr said:

What width hex did you go for ?  

There's a lot of thread poking out after the wheel nuts on mine ,Im think ing 10mm should be enough ?

The bodyshell  looked great in your video btw 

Part number GM30131. Genuine Gmade part. They're 8mm thick.

Yeah you'll be fine. Thanks very much!

Your black shell strikes me as something that'll look even more sinister, the more battle-scars it acquires!

• Like 1

Top work my friend it looks fantastic,we need a really really long running video now 👍

Dont worry about the battle-scars, I've already scuffed the roof in the garden today lol 

• Thanks 1

Looking good.
On the 1080 ESC, if you haven't already, change the PWR frequency setting from the default 8k (IIRC) to 16k
It makes it even smoother again and removes the whine noise from the ESC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore said:

Looking good.
On the 1080 ESC, if you haven't already, change the PWR frequency setting from the default 8k (IIRC) to 16k
It makes it even smoother again and removes the whine noise from the ESC

It's at 8k at the moment. Will change to 16k and try it. Thanks. :good:

• Like 1