• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

Is anyone else noticing the MT10 is incredible slow to flip? If I hit a ramp with any wheel speed then it's a real struggle to get it back around to it's wheels. I'm running 3s, I wonder whether a programmable esc with more punch would sort this out?

On 22/08/2022 at 14:07, everclear1984 said:

Is anyone else noticing the MT10 is incredible slow to flip? If I hit a ramp with any wheel speed then it's a real struggle to get it back around to it's wheels. I'm running 3s, I wonder whether a programmable esc with more punch would sort this out?

To answer my own question, yes it will! I fitted the Quicrun 150a from my speed car (4s anyone 😉) and without changing anything else, this thing rips!! I guess the standard, non programmable esc, is just a bit lazy.

IMG20220826153725

• Like 1

Managed to break an RPM arm! Anyone else done this? I know they're not indestructible but.... a little disappointed. I wasn't even being too mean....

20220829_182346.jpg

• 2 months later...

Been a bit quiet here so a few pics from the weekend - went out with my nephew for a quick bash...  Was impressed with the Carnage, it seemed to fly well although my lack of throttle control probably has something to do with a few hard landings for the MT10!

MT10 and Carnage 1.jpg

MT10 and Carnage 2.jpg

MT10 and Carnage 3.jpg

• Like 3

Soooooo if I accidentally drove my MT10 in the canal (may have also fallen in retrieving it 😄 ) and maybe got a teensy weensy bit of water in the tyres, is there any way to salvage them?  I have just squeezed them and left them to dry in warmest dryest room horizontally.  Any tips would be welcome?

It did get fully submerged and still worked fine so seems like water doesn't stop this beast either so far but my front wheels were a bit flappy afterwards 😄

Edited by ridfrenzy
  • Haha 3

Never had ours in the cut, but submerged it in puddles several times!

They don’t drive so well when the tyre foams are full of water.

Best solution we found was to seal the holes in the rims with gaffe tape and vent the tyres. Water now gets flung out when running, or drains when stationary.

There’s not a video of you “not falling in” is there, by any chance?

Hope everything is OK, I once fell in the canal when out running, had a bit of an upset tum for a few days!

Cheers

Steve

10 hours ago, SWF said:

Best solution we found was to seal the holes in the rims with gaffe tape and vent the tyres. Water now gets flung out when running, or drains when stationary.

Hope everything is OK, I once fell in the canal when out running, had a bit of an upset tum for a few days!

What do you mean by "Vent", I saw some messages in previous post about putting holes in the tyre but I am liable to do more harm than good I reckon doing that?

No video, but plenty of witnesses and much chortling to be had 😛  I didn't get more than knee deep so no harm done, other than to my pride 😄

• Haha 1

Hi

To vent the tyres, you need to put 2 holes in the tyres, one opposite the other.

I use a sharpened 3mm brass tube in an electric drill. Much neater than using a drill, which can snag the tyre. There are videos on you-tube showing this technique, which I copied.

Best of luck.

Steve

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

looks like you had fun tho :good:

It was good fun 👍 The spur gear finally gave out though. It started to strip on its first time out, I ordered a new one but figured I'd just carry on running it to see how long it lasts. Turns out quite a long time lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ordered one of these from Modelsport this morning, threw some RPM A-Arms in the basket as well. Will replace the arms when they break. Already looking at a new combo and servo for it. Will run it stock for a while.

Will be going up against my sons Granite and Vorteks that they got for christmas. Maybe I'll have it in my hands tomorrow?

Apart from doing the ESC brake trick, anything else I should look out for?