• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Traxxas Importer

toppers3933

37 minutes ago, Tug said:

Horizon? 🤔

My Losi came from Logic RC (and Arrma is CML). I don't think they start to distribute a competitors RC, but not their own. ^^

My guess would be, if anything, CML. 

Edited by m4inbrain

3 minutes ago, toppers3933 said:

Arrma is also Logic Rc. Which is almost certainly why they’re not going to be traxxas any more. 

Since when? I mean it makes sense since Logic also distributes Losi etc, but last official news i heard was CML in 2017. 

https://blog.arrma-rc.com/news/new-uk-distributor-for-arrma/

edit: well, maybe since they took over Hobbico, that's a possibility. My guess still would be CML, probably.

Edited by m4inbrain

2 hours ago, toppers3933 said:

Arrma is also Logic Rc. Which is almost certainly why they’re not going to be traxxas any more. 

Word is from those in the RC business is that Traxxas definitely has a problem with this which is the reason for the change. Rumours are abound but I know of at least one company considering taking this on. Sadly can't say more than they are established and trusted. 

4 hours ago, Tug said:

I could honestly see Traxxas binning us off. We're a tiny market, if there's no distributor, we'll have to buy from Europe. If we're leaving Europe, tough luck. 

Course they won't, How can you say we are a tiny market when we are population wise twice the size of Australia, And the same as any other European country, No company in it's right mind would just give give up the 7th largest economy(For now) with one of the largest disposable incomes to it competitors.

Remember, We here are in the minority, This to us is a hobby, But to most people it's a five minute wonder, And that's were the disposable income is the most important thing.

11 minutes ago, babylon said:

Course they won't, How can you say we are a tiny market when we are population wise twice the size of Australia, And the same as any other European country, No company in it's right mind would just give give up the 7th largest economy(For now) with one of the largest disposable incomes to it competitors.

Remember, We here are in the minority, This to us is a hobby, But to most people it's a five minute wonder, And that's were the disposable income is the most important thing.

But what percentage of their income is from the UK? I would reckon it's pretty small, but is it small enough to ignore? I've no idea. Don't really care, their practices have put me off buying any of their products. 

33 minutes ago, Tug said:

But what percentage of their income is from the UK? I would reckon it's pretty small, but is it small enough to ignore? I've no idea. Don't really care, their practices have put me off buying any of their products. 

I agree,Wont touch Traxxas, But we are to big a market to just ignore.

• 5 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Guns said:

Did this ever get announced

As far as I know it’s still not been sorted logic are no longer suppling Traxxas products and have removed them from there site and CML passed it up. There was talk Ripmax was going to step in but I think that never happened so for now at least we don’t have one. 🥴

8 hours ago, Guns said:

Thanks for the information, what are they like? Seem to recall them being involved with Hitec?

Bloody terrible from what I heard so expect parts support to drop of a cliff if it is true which might be why the new colour Maxx has no eta as well 🥴