• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TT-02 Type-S Impreza Drift Build

toyolien

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had a lot of time of Christmas to carry on with the couple of build I'm part way through. But New Years Eve I did. Next up is the lovely Tamiya alloy steering hop up. I also made another styrene piece to cover the chassis underneath the steering arms.

YZDMfEQ.jpg

Savox 1251 black edition servo. I really like that the servo wire is dead short. Saves me having to shorten it myself!

hS9aI22.jpg

FUgrv1F.jpg

I've had a pack of Yeah Racing translucent silicone wire for a while and this build seems a perfect chance to use it. The Onisiki 10.5t motor also turned up from RCMart so I took out the 13.5t which will go in my DT03. Eventually...

WWhcQOD.jpg

IdQwU2c.jpg

z4zRUfV.jpg

I won't be using these wheels or tires, they're just on to see how it sits, and so I can set the chassis up while I'm waiting for the body to arrive.

wpDpC3v.jpg

I'll be using an full interior so added a fan and Onisiki fan booster to keep the motor cool.

xsCd0VT.jpg

hkxEKIL.jpg

6zBRWm0.jpg

3OkF8tM.jpg

Next up will be the body. I'm planning something a bit different for the Impreza. Not even close to box art...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/01/2020 at 00:45, defghui said:

hey great post.

i've been trying to use a tt01 one way diff on my tt02 as well, but i cant seem to get the thing to fit... 

did you have to do anything to get your front diff to fit properly?

Apologies for the late reply. I didn't have to use anything other than what came in the packet. What trouble are you having?

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Nickarla said:

Looks great apart from the enormous body posts. Why dont you cut them?

after the 4th pic in the last post mentions cutting them down chap :good:

as always Neil, you can turn a simple build into a work of art!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 02/02/2020 at 22:50, toyolien said:

I've had a little bit of a break from RC's, but am back to it now. So, I started on the body. I had a few different colour ideas but went with my original plan – pink.

I masked off and painted the side window surrounds, and the hood black. Then I matt clear coated the hood. However, when it was dry, It looked way too much pink. So, I masked up the outside and painted the roof and boot lid black. Much happier now.

UFnY5Ua.jpg

YB0P4TE.jpg

pvjeSM4.jpg

I'd had a Yeah Racing intercooler for a while and it just fits this body perfectly.

pZlfx5E.jpg

And here we are all done... apart from chopping the body posts down, and an interior and roll cage.

NidxRrI.jpg

n1Uepad.jpg

PDpHTf1.jpg

M2snKVp.jpg

x3FvuHu.jpg

Lv8If0U.jpg

Thanks for looking

Where do you get your little decals from?? 

12 hours ago, Driftwookie said:

Where do you get your little decals from?? 

The 'sticker bomb' wrap was from eBay, and the other decals were some that I'd collected ages ago. I think they were some sort of Japanese Drift decals from RCMart.

7 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Luv the bumper sticker ''1 Wife livid'' lol :rofl:

Car looks great tho :good:

Thanks very much.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
20 hours ago, Louiemaister said:

Can you share a parts list? Specially for the suspension arms.

thank you in advance

The suspension arms came with the type s kit. Can't remember all the parts and I sold this a few months  ago so can't check 😬