• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx buyers or arrma Typhon mega for my 6yr old?

martin34

Hi guys.I had decided on an arrma Typhon mega for my son for Christmas.Now I am starting to think maybe an ftx buyers.Hes not massively into RC but I want something to get him away from the PS4 in the summer.The Typhon looks the part but it's double the price and the ftx parts are very cheap to replace when he brakes it.What do you reckon?

PS it's ment to say bugsta not buyers

Edited by martin34

Arrma hands down. Currently have x2 and a third  on the wish list....funding welcome from anyone  :lol: 

My nephew has his Granite running on 2s who is turning 7 in October - Yes it does seem a little too much but they can manage in a large area. Worst case you'll have another one to add to the collection :D 

• Like 1

Haha good point😂.The radio that comes with them now has 3 settings for power but from what I have read I don't know if I would trust the stock radio.My v4 kraton  came with one but I never ran it with it and swap it straight over to a tactic one.

• Like 1

my mate got into rc this year martin first time he driven rcs since he was young he now has a typhon 3s and outcast 6s he bashes hard too and hasn't damaged anything apart from change the shocks on the 3s to 6s ones as we hit massive jumps at that track.but as a newbie he has his moments usually his or someone elses shins haaha and the arrma just carries on !!

you can dail the throttle down on tx martin but teach young un throttle control and then he can use what he needs too :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, martin34 said:

Thanks mate so should I spend the extra £40 and get the 3s box?The mega doesn't share some of the drive chain parts from the 3s version.

Yeah if the 3s version is only £40 you might as well get that. It should last longer with same battery being brushless and you won't need to upgrade it to brushless later and the drive line has a few better parts. 

• Like 1

Just now, fnknan said:

Would never have trusted 6 year old me with something so fast 🤣. Even my old brushed monster truck from nitrotek was a handful

He could run 2s and you can set 25/50/100 speed on the remote. It's doesn't have to be run at 50mph on 3s 100% speed :D just means he won't have to upgrade the power system later down the line. 

My 6yr old has been driving for a couple of years now. He handles a 6S Kraton reasonably well.

He had a lot of time driving slower cars or on 3/4S with the throttle dialled down.

Kids pick it up amazingly quickly if you let them get on with it and just spend time hands on.

He prefers RC cars to any screen based entertainment.

Sent from my S55 using Tapatalk

• Like 1