• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHOs OG SCX10 gets rebuilt, '46 power wagon!

I decided since theirs no RC rock lights I am happy with that are available to me in the UK and some systems are very expensive, I would make my own.

A single LED from a strip that is designed to backlight a TV and a couple of wires.

I did a single LED just to test it, but with 3 in the front fenders and hopefully 5 in the rear, this should be a very bright system for less than the $45-70 people charge in the states, or the mediocre weak set ups from RC companies.

Pretty happy with this, considering I don't normally enjoy soldering!

np8kMg7.jpg

cg9gFz0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

first a tiny bit of criticism...........the roof light spoils the look of the power wagon, just my opinion, but good for low light crawling..........well thats the nasty bit out of the way

now for heaps of praise lovely dedicated build, looks ace and seems to perform well, and BTW your great at photography stunning pics  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

first a tiny bit of criticism...........the roof light spoils the look of the power wagon, just my opinion, but good for low light crawling..........well thats the nasty bit out of the way

now for heaps of praise lovely dedicated build, looks ace and seems to perform well, and BTW your great at photography stunning pics  

I wasn't sure to begin with, but it's grown on me, you have to use what you've got lol, it was either that or nothing, because their doesn't seem to be a suitable one that's the right size, the width of the power wagon roof is quite narrow compared to most, so 5" and 6" lightbars don't fit.

Thanks though, I try my best :D 

• 2 months later...

A stunning build, a real credit to you.  Can I ask how those SSD axles are doing, and did they need much shimming? Been looking at the Pro 44 ‘s as a possible upgrade for my 10.2.  If mine ends up half as good as yours, I’ll be a very happy man. 

Edited by Andy-Roo
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 25/04/2020 at 20:24, Andy-Roo said:

A stunning build, a real credit to you.  Can I ask how those SSD axles are doing, and did they need much shimming? Been looking at the Pro 44 ‘s as a possible upgrade for my 10.2.  If mine ends up half as good as yours, I’ll be a very happy man. 

Thanks very much Andy, I love it.

They are holding up to abuse really well, I didn't do any shimming in them at all, not heard any horror stories about them yet either.

I'd highly recommend them.

@coda_zac

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
14 hours ago, Fuzzock said:

UBvpWtH.jpg

Loving your pictures (stolen from the other thread)

Whereabouts are these photos taken?

Ian..,

These are taken near Kirkby Stephen, in a place called Mallerstang, one of my local crawling spots, it's not exactly huge, but there's hundreds of different lines that can be taken so it's pretty good overall, especially when the rocks move so the last line you just took is now different lol.