• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Not really ....new....but not been around for a while

Welcome back! :) Amazing how cutting down and refreshing the fleet works wonders on re-igniting the spark, think most of us have been there at some stage.

well...kicked off my return with a small build thread....after I reshaped my Anderson M5 over the last couple of weeks. Love my bikes...but can't afford an ARX. Figured there had to be a way of making the M5 more presentable. Probably having more fun making stuff than using it!

Seriously considering making some custom onroad bikes from scratch using bought in wheels/chain drives.

Edited by Nitroholic

Haven't actually got rid of anything......

Still have the 2 Baja's ( one short and wide....one normalish ), Truckzilla, the Madforce, the Firestorm , the Hyper 7, the Stampy..... and I have hte bulk of another Hyper which was on a SC project....but I might rob it and the Lancia shelled one....and make a 6 wheeler, possibly with twin engine mounts in a 'V' .... or rob one of the Bajas to build a 1/5 based petrol half-track...go for German style with unpowered front axle and track braking to assist steering...

I got lots of ideas.

Great to have you back mate.

been a fair while but glad your not completely selling up.

sounds like you have some projects to keep you busy too.

ohh, as you might have guessed, the Traxxas haters still wander around with pitch forks at the ready (quite comical really)

and the usual “I know everything, I’ve done everything” brigade.

look forward to seeing your projects ?

• Haha 1

Lol...Gaz...everyone hates Traxxas ...but they remain one of the most successful RC companies.

Might do some work on the Stampede next ...just to be edgy :) Maybe an ally chassis with 3d printed battery tray. I reckon a twin layer 3mm flat plate chassis with some bridging pieces for stiffness...like the nitro firestorm, with the battery dropped in. Got the metal in the shed.... now.....you got me thinking :)

What I do plan on doing with these projects is to make the stuff available for anyone that wants to have a go themselves. 3D printed stuff will be going up in Thingiverse soon, so people can access anything. When I do...I will stuff a link into my sig. Plus sheet metal stuff I would want to lay out in a PDF or JPG file, with some dimensions, so people could print it off, get it to size...and have a go. If I can do it with simple hand tools and a drill.....then anyone with a bit of workshop skill can do the same.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nitroholic said:

Might do some work on the Stampede next ...just to be edgy :) Maybe an ally chassis with 3d printed battery tray. I reckon a twin layer 3mm flat plate chassis with some bridging pieces for stiffness...like the nitro firestorm, with the battery dropped in. Got the metal in the shed.... now.....you got me thinking :)

Soooo... you plan on making an HPI Jumpshot, but without the chocolate gearbox? :P