• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas unlimited desert racer

Ady 2215

nyAa2E7.jpgC6U1WFX.jpgefarPRD.jpg8OWgi71.jpgWell I think I have chosen the right section for this new topic.

It's been out a few months now and I cannot find a topic or discussion on the udr. So here goes. 

I just love the way this drives once you get the hang of it.  It's no x Maxx. It's just totally different and fun. Tail out side ways.

Down side is the poor quality servos. On my 3rd now. 2 traxxas ones and finally a savox so should of put this one to bed now.

A few pics of both of mine, rigid industry and orange fox. Both with paint detailing and decals, & led head lights and light bars. 

zUjcI8H.jpgayvYPiC.jpg

XMLHBrl.jpgJBJg9K8.jpgy9zTw8T.jpg

rfaJhsc.jpglMD2c4U.jpgYn0zrPP.jpg

Edited by Ady 2215
  • Like 1

I think the Losi is probably better engineered, but I've owned neither, so I'm only going on info I've read. Missed out on AJs', would've liked to have gotten that. 

Looking at the rear diff on the Traxxas, I'm not keen on all those tiny bearings and gears, gotta be a fail waiting to happen? 

6 hours ago, QRC said:

I am still torn between one of these and the Losi version.

Having seen the losi imo the udr looks better. Never driven the losi but as a udr owner I can say they are lots of fun driven correctly ie it's not an x Maxx not for jumping houses lol. 

Loving the power slides.  And the whole scale look. 

Just found a choice of three UDR’s on ebay for starting bids of £400 each, might take a punt, bonus from work just about to drop.....?

Edited by QRC

3 hours ago, QRC said:

Just found a choice of three UDR’s on ebay for starting bids of £400 each, might take a punt, bonus from work just about to drop.....?

Clocked those, two are from the same seller I see.

Edited by Guns

11 minutes ago, Guns said:

Clocked those, two are from the same seller I see.

They are and one of them has just increased their start bid price, now £440....?

5 minutes ago, QRC said:

They are and one of them has just increased their start bid price, now £440....?

He has just messaged me with Buy it Nows

£450 for the orange

£430 for the white

both plus postage

18 minutes ago, Guns said:

He has just messaged me with Buy it Nows

£450 for the orange

£430 for the white

both plus postage

Blimey those are cheap BiN prices, was expecting much higher, are you purchasing both of them ???.

12 minutes ago, QRC said:

Blimey those are cheap BiN prices, was expecting much higher, are you purchasing both of them ???.

I don't particularly like the truck, Im skeptical as to how they handle In normal circumstances as I live in inner city Birmingham, not the Abu Dhabi sand Dunes. Im kicking myself for missing AJ's SBR, and Ive just sold my Tekno cause of lack of use.

That said, im so so so tempted. Theyre great prices. I bought an older Tamiya last night, if I hadn't done that Id have pulled the trigger already. I get a rather substantial redundancy payment on Friday and Ive already started my new job so the money isn't the issue. Its more of a will I use it? The Tekno I sold was the ultimate R/C basher. Yet I used it once....

But if I buy it and don't like it Im not going to lose much, I even already have have the Lipos for it I think?

Ill have to speak to the Mrs when she gets in. She didnt seem to impressed that Id bought a Tamiya for nearly £200 that I was debating on not eve building hahah

Edited by Guns

I am very quickly becoming a fan of the truck, fellow bashers have the Erevo 2.0 and I still have a version 2, X Maxx in my collection, so the UDR would be the best option, I have batteries etc.

As a udr owner I can say you will love the truck. In the right hands and driven how it's designed for you will not go far wrong.

It's no x Maxx so people who want to jump houses are buying the wrong truck.

Lol.

I bought my basher 2nd hand for £450. 

Was in good condition box etc. 

4 hours ago, Ady 2215 said:

As a udr owner I can say you will love the truck. In the right hands and driven how it's designed for you will not go far wrong.

It's no x Maxx so people who want to jump houses are buying the wrong truck.

Lol.

I bought my basher 2nd hand for £450. 

Was in good condition box etc. 

I believe there's a note in the paperwork that states it's not for hard ramping? 

19 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Must admit, for £450, that seems a much more reasonable price and something I myself would even consider.

They were bargains to be honest. One ends in an hour and a half and is at £460

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

Got a link please?

Me and my big mouth lol haha. If you’re genuinely going to bid ill back out, no point bidding against each other lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-TRX85076-4-Unlimited-Desert-Racer-UDR-4WD-TSM-bargain-take-a-look/283028395883?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Edited by Guns

30 minutes ago, Guns said:

Me and my big mouth lol haha. If you’re genuinely going to bid ill back out, no point bidding against each other lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-TRX85076-4-Unlimited-Desert-Racer-UDR-4WD-TSM-bargain-take-a-look/283028395883?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

You're welcome to it buddy, I won't be trying to outbid you, as you say, there's no point and I don't really need it.

If you do win it, I'll have first refusal at it if you ever sell though, that sounds fair :good:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guns said:

Was it you who won it?

• 4 weeks later...