• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer

.AJ.

Hmm guess who has now got it running on 8s, the rumour is Traxxas are releasing an 8s late this year, all seems very similar to the life of the X Maxx.......:rc_car:

13 hours ago, QRC said:

Hmm guess who has now got it running on 8s, the rumour is Traxxas are releasing an 8s late this year, all seems very similar to the life of the X Maxx.......:rc_car:

Traxxas couldn’t have the SBR being quicker out of the box lol, the SBR can run 8s, but it’s a shame the tyres can’t :lol: 

Making it run 8S is nothing clever. Anyone could do it if their wallet is big enough. Dunno why anyone idolises that guy. He's not exactly a poster boy for a dying hobby.

It looks fine on 4S tbh.

Edited by mond
  • Thanks 1

The engineering I thought surprisingly good for Traxxas but time will tell if it holds up. The only concern other than that I'd have is the sand in the diff cases. Apparently the shocks leak too but those could be replaced.

After owning mine a few days and running half a dozen 6s packs through it, i can say its a nice bit of kit. I havent broken anything but iv only been bashing on flat-ish grass, The only thing that i can genuinely say is that its not really worth the 840 pound asking price.