• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas E-Revo 2.0 & Solid Rear Axle 1/7th Scale Baja/Desert Style Truck

53HRA

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

Already posted somewhere else, that's actually the 1:1 suspended by cranes - I thought that originally as well.

Al.

Presumably it's going to be copied off it though, that was more my point.

Just the colour scheme and 'style' of that looks a bit better.

IF they make that in 1:7 scale and it's not silly money, it might be my first new Traxxas purchase.

5 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Presumably it's going to be copied off it though, that was more my point.

Just the colour scheme and 'style' of that looks a bit better.

IF they make that in 1:7 scale and it's not silly money, it might be my first new Traxxas purchase.

Totally agreed - I like the look of the intended model its copying.

Hope you're right - true 1:7 could mean bodies and other parts compatible with the 'X'.

Al.

Well it’s been a week since that first vid and Traxxas are still to step up and actuallly confirm anything, I’m starting to think this is just a bit of a red herring to squash the Losi release.  

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Well it’s been a week since that first vid and Traxxas are still to step up and actuallly confirm anything, I’m starting to think this is just a bit of a red herring to squash the Losi release.  

This is why i stopped posting teaser releases...why they cant just release the models i'll never know

27 minutes ago, Guns said:

Rumour is ‘Stephen’ at Traxxas has said the E-Revo 2.0 will be avaliable as a roller? Set to know more at the Nuremberg Toy Show in 3 days?

Lol who is Stephen ? And what’s his association with  Traxxas ? Company Director, CEO, Head of marketing, Cheif customer support advisor or just some no mark down the ranks who works in packing lol 

So far it’s all just been Chinese wispers he said she said nonsense was quite excited at first but then again this is how the X Maxx started then about a year later it was on sell  :P

Only got to wait till Wednesday as that’s when the fair starts and you can bet your bottom dollar someone willl either snap a shot of it or have a YouTube vid up very sharply ;) 

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Lol who is Stephen ? And what’s his association with  Traxxas ? Company Director, CEO, Head of marketing, Cheif customer support advisor or just some no mark down the ranks who works in packing lol 

So far it’s all just been Chinese wispers he said she said nonsense was quite excited at first but then again this is how the X Maxx started then about a year later it was on sell  :P

Only got to wait till Wednesday as that’s when the fair starts and you can bet your bottom dollar someone willl either snap a shot of it or have a YouTube vid up very sharply ;) 

Hence the inverted commas around ‘Stephen’. Just what was on the Traxxas forum

• Haha 1

On 28/01/2018 at 14:05, Guns said:

Rumour is ‘Stephen’ at Traxxas has said the E-Revo 2.0 will be avaliable as a roller? Set to know more at the Nuremberg Toy Show in 3 days?

This was info displayed on rc car action page when they reported on it, a screenshot of a forum post......from a third/fourth party

This whole story came about after Erik Coulter from cw action hobbies posted a video of himself talking about a traxxas rep he met at a race, who apparently gave him the lowdown on future releases.

All of which would culminate in his site getting more attention ( link displayed on big squid etc)

No word from traxxas, no hints on their site, no official teasers.....just a still image of a real truck suspended from cranes, and that close up image of a blue something or other

Which looked like this

s-l300.jpg

If these where going to be released in Feb.. I'm sure we would have heard by now, officially, but the again...this is traxxas

Searching around the traxxas site I can see hype building, people apparently phoning traxxas to confirm new e revo....etc etc...and being told yes....

Although again....no way of proving said fact

I did see this though

May even include 'space plastic' :)

Edited by Fly In My Soup

I say screw em like they screw us. Uk specially. Aus gets the xmaxx for £550-650 i forgot but  £1100 here. Under 500 in usa. Their buisness tactics and tricks though thats the killer. They need a message big time. Or theyll carry on shutting brands down making us pay for it. 

The £650 uk price was before they included future court fees to take down rivals. Now arrma and durango are gone apparantly. How much would that cost in court to beat them so bad they just shut down. Seems mental they can do it. Since traxxas copied 1/1 designs why do they own them. Like the pushrod suspension system. 

I love traxxas rcs but despise the company now. 

I agree we do seem to get well & truly dicked by Traxxas over here, which is why I'd never buy a new one, well here in UK anyway.

BTW, in Aus they're more like 770-800 gbp, still cheaper than here mind...

10 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

Now arrma and durango are gone apparantly. How much would that cost in court to beat them so bad they just shut down. Seems mental they can do it.

Armma Durango (owned by hobbico) shut down the Durango line side early last year.....

Armma durango ltd where still trading up to until end of DEC 2017 so effectively are still trading now

I think they where/are in jeopardy due mainly to its owners mis management, but obviously being sued by traxxas for something traxxas didn't invent but patented did not help

Edited by Fly In My Soup