• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

15 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

About the same on eBay for delivery times I’ve never used AliExpress

Wise man as it can be a bit of a money pit on there with so much blingy bits lol :rofl:

• Haha 1

Just ordered a 45kg one for the trx4 and for my cragsman c as that has a 20kg from stock and being a 1/8 scale it’s bloody useless 🤣

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Well I need a new servo as it smoked it’s self this evening 🙄 think is been on it’s way out for a bit as it was getting weaker every time I used it any recommendations? don't mind pay for a decent one as the trx4 is quite heavy at the front needs to be as powerful as possible 

Well i bought a  £15 40kg servo (7.4v) and it really turns the wheels good, the other day when i was hosing my car down it went kinda twitchy, turned the car off and on again and it fixed itself, i have got on order a 80kg servo (8.4v) from ebay which should be here on Friday so if your not in a massive hurry i can give you a verdict on it if you want, i ordered this servo before the 40kg 1 had the twitchy episode and i have used the car since and it was fine

9 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Well i bought a  £15 40kg servo (7.4v) and it really turns the wheels good, the other day when i was hosing my car down it went kinda twitchy, turned the car off and on again and it fixed itself, i have got on order a 80kg servo (8.4v) from ebay which should be here on Friday so if your not in a massive hurry i can give you a verdict on it if you want, i ordered this servo before the 40kg 1 had the twitchy episode and i have used the car since and it was fine

You do like to make your TRX4 swim though don’t you ? that’s not for me just a little wet mud is about all I can tolerate 🤣 but if these don’t work out or last longer I’ll look at getting something with a long warranty don’t mind paying more money for one I’m trying to get the best electrics I can afford for the TRX4 👍

56 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

You do like to make your TRX4 swim though don’t you ? that’s not for me just a little wet mud is about all I can tolerate 🤣 but if these don’t work out or last longer I’ll look at getting something with a long warranty don’t mind paying more money for one I’m trying to get the best electrics I can afford for the TRX4 👍

Well i had to test the ability as traxxas did say it was waterproof, but that being said since i installed the axe system i have been less willing, to “try” baby steps and all that 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

On the Axe system is the sensor cable ports waterproof ?

Yes, they made a big hum har about their proprietary port or lack there of fusion has no sensor port, axe sensor has a unique plug, axe v1 and v2 have different plugs so you cant use an axe v1 motor with a v2 esc.

3 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

If you want the best servo, you might want to look at the holmes hobbies 4/3s servos, they pack some serious power for some big money.

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Redback said:

Yes, they made a big hum har about their proprietary port or lack there of fusion has no sensor port, axe sensor has a unique plug, axe v1 and v2 have different plugs so you cant use an axe v1 motor with a v2 esc.

If you want the best servo, you might want to look at the holmes hobbies 4/3s servos, they pack some serious power for some big money.

I’ll definitely have a look like I said don’t mind paying big money for something that’s worth it 👍

6 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

I’ll definitely have a look like I said don’t mind paying big money for something that’s worth it 👍

What wheels are you fancying now as i see your selling  the newest ones?

3 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

What wheels are you fancying now as i see your selling  the newest ones?

🤣 I have the black ones back on now but still looking for another set have seen a couple of sets not cheap but hopefully be picking up another full clear D110 body set (as I can’t find just the clear body on its own 🙄) tomorrow from my local hobby shop as I had some store credit and gift cards only payed £18 then I can make my mind up but I really do have a problem keep buy wheels 🤣

1 minute ago, RC4WD fan said:

🤣 I have the black ones back on now but still looking for another set have seen a couple of sets not cheap but hopefully be picking up another full clear D110 body set (as I can’t find just the clear body on its own 🙄) tomorrow from my local hobby shop as I had some store credit and gift cards only payed £18 then I can make my mind up but I really do have a problem keep buy wheels 🤣

I really like alloy wheels, i can spend a long time looking through them deciding which ones i would like, i actually have a completes set of wheels i bought just because i thought they were cool 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

I really like alloy wheels, i can spend a long time looking through them deciding which ones i would like, i actually have a completes set of wheels i bought just because i thought they were cool 🤣

I feel better knowing I’m not alone 🤣 but I completely understand what you mean I’m the same theses are the wheels that are top of the list 😍 https://www.boomracingrc.com/probuild-19-spectre-adjustable-offset-aluminum-beadlock-wheels-2-black-black-204409

31 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Nice wheels but a tad pricey tho :insane:

Yeah they are but sometimes you just have to do it 🤣 would more than likely be for when it’s on display cheaper than the RC4WD ones I’m looking at though that’s what I keep telling myself 😆 and would go well with the theme I’m doing with the new body 👍 

• Like 1

Anyone have any ideas on this

with the new shell I have I’m trying to figure out a way to make the back windows into panels rather than windows I could just not put the stickers on but the concave would irate me if it was hard plastic would be easy solution 🤔

3 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Anyone have any ideas on this

with the new shell I have I’m trying to figure out a way to make the back windows into panels rather than windows I could just not put the stickers on but the concave would irate me if it was hard plastic would be easy solution 🤔

What is the new shell, purple land rover 1?

Edited by wolfie1

1 minute ago, wolfie1 said:

What is the new shell, purple land rover 1?

It’s another defender👍 the purple one is getting a little bit on my nerves just a little bit though I have tamiya dark gunmetal sitting on the shelf for it but something in the back of my head is saying get a different colour 🙄 I’m doing a 4x4 off road recovery theme on the new one 👍

it’s going to be like this E68E14E0-7B47-4375-9972-372E028A58E2.thumb.jpeg.d42e6c5fe2f1be6a3c05da60c372436f.jpeg with the rear windows as a panel as its flat but being a dark colour and will have some sort of branding and the exo cage on might not be as bad as I’m imagining it 

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

If you dont like the windows being in you could put a sand/mud board either side 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/rc4wd-maxtrax-vehicle-extraction-and-recovery-boards-1-10-2--401415

That’s a fantastic idea would fit the recovery theme perfect 👌

• Like 1