• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

20 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Only managed to put new wheels on so far still need to install the new brushless motor/esc that’s the bank holiday weekend job but the wheels add a bit of colour might paint the light face things and grill a different colour but not sure what 🤔C9B3F388-6BE5-4651-8932-710049069A74.thumb.jpeg.866133b802860f7ac72425ab31614f30.jpeg

Is that different wheels again?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Is that different wheels again?

3rd for the TRX4 yes the other 2 were black but theses ones are to stay I like them much more than the others 🤣

25 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

3rd for the TRX4 yes the other 2 were black but theses ones are to stay I like them much more than the others 🤣

Yes i do like them too, i did have a set in my shopping basket the titanium/black but wanted wide ones, the widest i found these was in was 35mm but was after more 🤣

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Yes i do like them too, i did have a set in my shopping basket the titanium/black but wanted wide ones, the widest i found these was in was 35mm but was after more 🤣

Yeah I was going to get titanium/black ones but opted to get the bronze ones instead glad I did looking for a slightly narrower hub just to bring the wheels in a little bit and also looking for some scale hex head bolts 👍

Did you weight the wheels ?

I add these wheel weights to my beadlocks  but cant remember if its 10 or a  full strip of 12 i add per wheel lol

https://www.amazon.co.uk/weights-Stick-Adhesive-DEMOLITION-plastic/dp/B00IJFR6YQ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1LWHQJSA0CPMO&keywords=wheel+weights+5g&qid=1682698030&sprefix=whhel+weights%2Caps%2C71&sr=8-6

19 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

I add these wheel weights to my beadlocks  but cant remember if its 10 or a  full strip of 12 i add per wheel lol

https://www.amazon.co.uk/weights-Stick-Adhesive-DEMOLITION-plastic/dp/B00IJFR6YQ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1LWHQJSA0CPMO&keywords=wheel+weights+5g&qid=1682698030&sprefix=whhel+weights%2Caps%2C71&sr=8-6

This would have been well cheaper https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256042812951?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=77Y7Dl4AQw-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=MRHag3XmRgm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by wolfie1

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

No I haven’t but I’m looking at doing so just don’t know to do it’s a trail truck not a crawler so I’m unsure whether or not to get some brass bits or weight the wheels instead 🤔

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Fitted a secondary battery tray to the TRX6 today 

PslHv9k.jpg

Which will allow me to run these 3200 3s packs

1mqArvS.jpg

or my 2200 3s flight packs in paralell 

4LrdGhV.jpg

just need to make up some Y leads now :good:

Is that a thing all TRX6’s can do or a mod ?

The 2nd battery holder came with the dif and gearbox armour 

I got this set for trx4 and it has a small battery holder that slides in from rear under the body posts and screws into the holes on the plastic parts

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chassis-Stainless-Protector-Suitable-Traxxas/dp/B07XJ3HL7W/ref=sr_1_42?crid=1BD4YBF13K0HE&keywords=trx4+defender+accessories&qid=1682791764&sprefix=trx4%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-42

but it is small tho 

30 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

So would I need just the front or do front and back? what are peoples thoughts 

I did all 4 portals with the brass ( theres 3 parts per portal ) 

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

The 2nd battery holder came with the dif and gearbox armour 

I got this set for trx4 and it has a small battery holder that slides in from rear under the body posts and screws into the holes on the plastic parts

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chassis-Stainless-Protector-Suitable-Traxxas/dp/B07XJ3HL7W/ref=sr_1_42?crid=1BD4YBF13K0HE&keywords=trx4+defender+accessories&qid=1682791764&sprefix=trx4%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-42

but it is small tho 

That’s nifty was thinking about something like the battery holder so I could run a small 2/3s lipo for lights 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

I did all 4 portals with the brass ( theres 3 parts per portal ) 

I know it’s a must because of the D110 being top heavy but I don’t crawl with mine only mud/trail driving so wheel weights would suffice no ?

Theres a tad more room in the 6 so its a full size bat holder there. Theres also a 3rd 1 right at front for a small lipo for lights etc but i dont use that lol 

• Like 1

Just now, RC4WD fan said:

I know it’s a must because of the D110 being top heavy but I don’t crawl with mine only mud/trail driving so wheel weights would suffice no ?

I dont know  you can try it without the brass see how it goes but if you need more weight you can go brass route

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

I dont know  you can try it without the brass see how it goes but if you need more weight you can go brass route

I’ll try wheel weights first a lot cheaper 👍

• Haha 1