• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

6 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

That kit does look similar to the integy kits, looks like they have a few for the defender shell

No idea I got it today though with more body parts for the defender shell 🤦‍♂️ the light kit feels a bit fragile hopefully won’t brake when installing it 🤭

7 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

So drilled and tapped the bumper for the fairlead to fit and soldered up some wires to get the lights working on the trailer, i am still going to look into getting the stop and tail and indicators to work off the traxxas module once i find some connectors that plug into it, as its too expensive to buy another kit and butcher the plugs off it

AD981C60-E3AF-4E8E-8509-9BBBAFBA35FF.jpeg

Looks awesome, just sitting maybe a tad low? For front angle of attack, can you flip the bumper mount upside down to give you better approach angle or does it then mess with the body?

1 hour ago, Redback said:

Looks awesome, just sitting maybe a tad low? For front angle of attack, can you flip the bumper mount upside down to give you better approach angle or does it then mess with the body?

Thank you, i have bought some adapter plates that go between the top of the shock and the stock mounting position to lift the suspension, whether they are good or not is another question but they werent expensive, so worth a go

Heres a question, i am running mine on 3s lipo, if i get a high voltage servo and use the traxxas power tap along with an rx bypass adapter would this work? In my head i dont see why not

Edited by wolfie1

5 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

No idea I got it today though with more body parts for the defender shell 🤦‍♂️ the light kit feels a bit fragile hopefully won’t brake when installing it 🤭

Well it would be nice to see it working as it certainly looks interesting 

12 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Well it would be nice to see it working as it certainly looks interesting 

so yeah don’t bother with one load of 💩

I’ll end up getting the traxxas one 🤦‍♂️

• Sad 1

On 31/03/2023 at 21:54, Redback said:

Sounds like the bec is struggling with the power drain from the servo, same happens with my lads outlaw and all his lights, turn the wheel the modes change due to the power droop lol

Nah its not the bec mate

in light kit instructions it says if steering held full lock for 10 secs it changes mode so its in spares box as the leds can be reused 

So i have had a couple of days doing some bits n pieces (some not going to plan) so yesterday i installed the traxxas bec, phone mount and telemetry, all i got was the temp and voltage as for a crawler thought the speed module was pointless and then fitted chequer plating to the front wings, i really like this as it’s actually metal and not a sticker, there was 16 midget nuts and bolts on each 1 but its def worth it. Today i fitted an alloy motor mount and the top cover with a fan, fitted well nice i have tried twice to buy the bottom part of this too in alloy and the sellers always seems to come away with an excuse why they cant send it but at least they refunded me no problem, 3rd time lucky. I also fitted a more powerful 40kg steering servo which is running at 35kg at 6v but (i know it was pointless buying the traxxas bec) am also waiting on an rx bypass adapter and a thing that steps down 3s voltage to 7.4 volt so i can get 40kg out of the servo, i then decided i would try and fit the rear light grills again but had to drill the holes out a little bit bigger and the dremel took a grip and molested 1 of the covers so that idea is shelved for the moment! There is wires everywhere and there is more to come, what a pain trying to get everything neat and hidden!

860692C0-A4C3-4A1F-AE70-6E751329C32C.jpeg

6595CCD5-C46B-46B0-95AF-016C031AC7D7.jpeg

96B88F96-D930-48F9-A442-A7365CFAC92B.jpeg

BF07A6C7-A59C-4BBD-9910-962627D08644.jpeg

81629AFB-0A08-4D79-96A0-FDF54F8AC1D3.jpeg

0FA68B03-5633-4718-8AAA-9C83121C2ACA.jpeg

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 3

Looking smart mate but pity about the rear light protector:good:

I have the chequer plate for mine but not got round to fitting it yet but yours looks good :cheers:

Coming along nicely in 2 minds where to get some chequer plate bits as well the pile of bits I have to put on is a small mountain now 🤦‍♂️ still need to paint it hopefully get time over the bank holiday weekend 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Have a look on Aliexpress they have loads of bits bobs for it 

eBay has more than enough won’t move at this rate 🤣 

• Haha 1

Thanks all,  i have seen a cool thing on ebay, its a thermoswitch for the fan, activates at 40 degrees at off again at 35, would help save on battery life at at £6 i think its worth a go

11 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Thanks all,  i have seen a cool thing on ebay, its a thermoswitch for the fan, activates at 40 degrees at off again at 35, would help save on battery life at at £6 i think its worth a go

Have a link 

and just wondering is a motor fan needed on a trx4 ? 

Edited by RC4WD fan

10 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Have a link 

and just wondering is a motor fan needed on a trx4 ? 

Probably not, 😆 so when i got installed the traxxas telemetry i had the trailer on with another model on the trailer and i was driving around the house, reversing around stuff and manoeuvring around furniture and i did see 50 degrees on the motor, it was still going up but i had to turn it off as i had other stuff to do, this is my first venture into lipo batteries and modern electronics so i dont know for sure, the last electric car i had was a tamiya clod buster and a schnitzer bmw m3 that both had the mechanical speed controller and that white ceramic thing that you burnt your fingers on that saved up for and bought when i was in secondary school, since then it has always been nitro and petrol vehicles, so this all quite new to me

51 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

After seeing wolfie 1's TRX4 it gave me the impetus to finally fit the chequer plates they only been in box about a year lol :rofl:

LmiwQKb.jpg

Nice are the tiny screws any bother like rounding out ? 

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

After seeing wolfie 1's TRX4 it gave me the impetus to finally fit the chequer plates they only been in box about a year lol :rofl:

LmiwQKb.jpg

What a machine, looks awesome, loving the rollers for the winch, i would like some but am struggling to find some at a decent price, preferably i would like 1 with the 4 rollers, i thought i had found 1 for £12 and very nearly bought it until i read the ad again and the length of the rollers was 170mm, so they must be for a 1/1 scale vehicle 😂

Integy do a nice 1 but they have none in stock 😢

• Like 1

So today i fitted my front headlamp grills and they look awesome, am well pleased with them. So when i bought that a lipo step down doofy the instructions did say not to get it wet, so i thought no probs i will take it apart and silicone the joins so its waterproof, when it arrived today it has bent holes in it presumably to let heat escape so i had to rethink my mounting plan and mounted it as high as i could, tried it out today and success! 1 thing i will say with a 40kg steering servo is definitely what the car needs as the last 1 i fitted an etonix 21.8kg i think wasnt up to the job either. So went out and run down 1 and at least half another 3s lipos. 1 think i did notice since i fitted the telemetry the low voltage cut out comes on at 9.5v, i did expect it to be higher than that but thats what traxxas deems it to be thats what who am i to say otherwise, all in a really fun day today 🙂

Something else i will add, traxxas definitely got it right with the underbody shield, what a fantastic thing!

7FCB0A08-A2F4-4B8F-AA05-4660C4CDA2E0.jpeg

DE922B0D-0217-4EB5-B94C-1C26826675C3.jpeg

E78656B7-84D6-41A3-B6A7-FBBF05CA4348.jpeg

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

What a machine, looks awesome, loving the rollers for the winch, i would like some but am struggling to find some at a decent price, preferably i would like 1 with the 4 rollers, i thought i had found 1 for £12 and very nearly bought it until i read the ad again and the length of the rollers was 170mm, so they must be for a 1/1 scale vehicle 😂

Integy do a nice 1 but they have none in stock 😢

The rollers actually came with my winch its an aftermarket 1 i think i got of E Bay

They do look good up to the axles in water/mud tho :good:

14 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Did a couple of bits new aluminium front/rear and rock sliders and nervously cut out the fuel filler cap 

9E528C10-586F-4E69-8C41-522772461EE0.thumb.jpeg.eb0c2e2f4c45d21abd1eb8455ec63617.jpegFB8DD407-DE56-47AB-A6E5-148D2D5A7FCE.thumb.jpeg.65c90c8fd097c52972080a6fb4e20c61.jpegE70A9323-9ECE-4167-BEE8-8AA8DF0AD7C8.thumb.jpeg.fbba5f9dd991c08a9e84daf264eccbe8.jpeg72AA8B6B-29BF-4F2C-8565-8EF66F09799A.thumb.jpeg.21aa7f5626d5b1aa89d07bc79c2da55d.jpeg

Your making good progress on it mate :good:

• Like 1