• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

My boy had a wee accident!
Being a noob, can anyone tell me name of all the broken bits so I can try and order please?
Looking like I need a new main rear drive section. What ever it’s called. Presume has diff in there etc.
Am I going to have to transfer all the internals into another casing? Not sure my skills would be up to that. 9550a80f19e610b86a1a312b39a7aba3.jpg722232eb47832710aa12b774fb501f9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

43 minutes ago, Ollykamakazi said:

My boy had a wee accident!
Being a noob, can anyone tell me name of all the broken bits so I can try and order please?
Looking like I need a new main rear drive section. What ever it’s called. Presume has diff in there etc.
Am I going to have to transfer all the internals into another casing? Not sure my skills would be up to that. 9550a80f19e610b86a1a312b39a7aba3.jpg722232eb47832710aa12b774fb501f9e.jpg

To me looks like you need a new trailing arm and the bit the it attaches to in the axle don't know what that bit is called can't tell if the drive/prop shaft is broken though at just slides back in if it isn't :good: 

28 minutes ago, Ollykamakazi said:

Better pictures
I will email MS too. bff150403db6efb94a2d7ac3929d242f.jpg74f2f4b546fe79bbdb7d67e1877db72b.jpg

Trailing arms and a new axle case stock parts will be cheap I do recommend getting aluminium trailing arms though wouldn't bother with an aluminium axle case 

51 minutes ago, Nickarla said:

The ali axle case is ridiculously expensive.

Indeed and the rear shock/battery mount thing again don't know what it's called :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Ollykamakazi said:

That’s all ordered. Thanks.

Went with ally trailing arms too.

:good: I'm replacing bits as they brake and I'm not replacing ever thing that available in ally let some things have a bit of flexibility to reduce breakage :) 

• Like 1

had a little run in the garden today as I'm dying with the flu :( did the gorilla tape trick that @NOFX said and it works perfectly :) also discovered that I can use the hedges to do back flips off of so was amused for a little while :D 

• Like 1

It's part #ftx6233.  Modelsport & wheelspin normally carry good stock. If they ain't got one, you could try cml distribution.  You can't set the mesh on the outlaw.   The motor plate's non adjustable.  I ain't got a clue why it's made that way :boredlook:

Edited by NOFX
Forgot something

Setting it so that the majority of the teeth are engaged but not tightly. A lot of people use the paper test. Set the pinion up to the spur gear reasonably tightly but with a piece of paper between it. Wind the paper out and the paper should be have set it to the right place.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NOFX said:

Where did you get an adjustable motor mount?

I made my aluminum motor mount adjustable by filing the top hole into an elongated slot that allows the top mounting screw to slide over a bit.

I made the mod. to mine so that I can drop two sizes of pinion gear and only had to file away ~2mm to get enough adjustment for me, if you just want to fine tune gear mesh I can't imagine you'll need to remove much material so go slow and check a few times as you go.

It's really a simple job of a few minutes with a 3mm round file and you're done.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help, but I had already ordered ftx 6233 and the pins don't fit into the hole they are supposed to go in, nor do they fit in the spur gear. Any other solutions? This is just a great shame because my outlaw has been off the track for two months because of ongoing problems. Still a great car.

PWRC

Where did you get an adjustable motor mount?
I've got a design for one too, which i had 3d printed in steel ( plastic for the first run but they warped with heat - a few guys here had one, moved to steel as a steel print was £16 opposed to 30+ for aluminium from the site i used )

I got the first one done which needed a slight fettle with a needle file but has worked fine so far. Need to check if i adjusted the 3d/cad file and i'll make available.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

EDIT:

I called CML yesterday and found that there was a misprint in the manual. The part is actually FTX6513, if any of you want to know.

bieomax, how did you make the hole into that shape?

17 hours ago, bieomax said:

My design so farb7872cad9697a3438055cce563ca79b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk