• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Christmas presents for losi 5

Sully

The wife keeps asking me what can she get me because I'm hard to buy for so I'm thinking along the lines of outerwears or any necessary upgrades/ spares I'm lightly to use, I've not completely ran it in yet and she still doesn't know I've got one ! Any ideas or links will be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bombercountynick said:

How many of us are hiding these 5th scales from the missis!? Makes me feel better  anyway :P

I was hiding a few other new models which I'd collected........until today....... :huh:  she ventured into my man cave for a light bulb and began counting rc cars... oh dear! :poster_oops:  at least she can count anyway :D

• Like 3

It's not that I'm scared of telling her I've secretly brought 2 1/5 scale cars, I've deliberately chosen to keep it a secret for the time being!!!!

57 minutes ago, Sully said:

It's not that I'm scared of telling her I've secretly brought 2 1/5 scale cars, I've deliberately chosen to keep it a secret for the time being!!!!

It's ok, your with friends here, there's no shame in admitting you haven't got the minerals to just tell her straight !!!

Although I think asking for hop up's and goodies for a fictitious 5ive, might spoil the surprise element in you plan somewhat dear Sully !  :doh:

• Like 3

But that's the thing, she has no concept of or understanding that there is different sized cars. She's already got me a keyboard stand so I work on it and all she's said is....... isn't that a bit big for my car (trophy truggy) I just said it's perfect love thank you.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Sully said:

But that's the thing, she has no concept of or understanding that there is different sized cars. She's already got me a keyboard stand so I work on it and all she's said is....... isn't that a bit big for my car (trophy truggy) I just said it's perfect love thank you.

:lol::rolleyes::good:.....

Haha that's what I do now.. as she's no interest in them at all then she won't buy any. So I just buy them whenever I like for myself, no point in telling her about. Same as all the tools I have in the garage! 

• Like 2

I'm fairly certain she will find out about the 5 in the next few days, should be an interesting conversation. Already been down the Yankee candle route but think I'm going to need a change of direction towards pandora for that one

• Like 2

Chaps, there is but one, long term solution: an extension and new kitchen, for that amount of spend will cover all RC purchases for many, many years, long after candles have melted and Pandora has lost its shine.:good:

• Like 3

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 22:26, SlayerLayer said:

I don't even ask for Christmas presents for rc anymore i always buy myself a nice Christmas present now, if not we just end up asking each other for something and end up sending the same amount of money on each other so defeats the point. 

Well put I think that's a Sheldon quote tho lol. 

But Pandora cleans them for free in ther machine to shine them back up lol.  My Mrs had a charm bracelet since she was 18 we wanted to add to and pass to the girls.. But I've since heard there not that good. 

• 3 weeks later...
My missus knows I have a DBXL + the 5ive T... Both purchased new, and there was no way of sneaking them big ****ers through the house ....

What she doesn't know is how much they "really" cost [emoji3]

The DBXL (new at £600)
"Oh it was in a sale love... only £300"
"£300... you knob head.... what you gonna do with it ?"
"**** the neighbors off... lol... no, im gonna play with it love"
[emoji3]
The next conversation was, "so what you buying me then ?"
We agreed on Yankee Candles.....

The 5iveT
"This ones on eBay love its new and well cheap... Im driving down to Telford to collect it Saturday...."
"How much is this one?"
"...Ummm.....£550..... BUT it should be over £1000..... !!!!" (it was £900 really)
"Well I make that 5 Yankee Candles then..."

So now if I get anything RC related (and she see's it)... Candles bail me out [emoji6]

RESULT !

This is the best thing I have read in a while! Reminds me of my missus, except candles doesn't work for her. Anything shiny and from Pandora seems to work, but it means less money for the RC!

• Like 1

Currently being a teenager, I always used to have to ask my parents to buy me things, but I have had the village paper round from before I got into Rc stuff, so now I don't tell them I have got something until it is too late. My mumn is always trying to say I don;t need more, and that they are all the same, welll as you guys and girls all know, they are not the same, and we always need more. I also do lots of other engineering things, whihc works in my favour as I have a small workshop at the bottom of our garden for all my engineering stuff, suitable to keep my cars out the way and not bother them.

• Like 2