• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Grave Digger Monster Jam Truck 1/10th

.AJ.

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

They more than likely would but one company gets slated for doing this yet Axial gets away with it . 

Not yet mate, the haters will be out in force shortly, not like them to pass up on giving something a slating however misinformed they are lmao. :whistling:

11 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

They more than likely would but one company gets slated for doing this yet Axial gets away with it . 

So far Axial have done this precisely twice. Traxxas has made an entire career out of putting new bodies on just a handful of chassis. 

Am I missing the point here? 

What's wrong with the same chassis and different body combination? 

If you don't like the grave digger now you can get max D.  Support your team. 

Am loving it.  Going to buy all of them.  It's good for collectors as was the same idea traxxas had. 

Grave digger fan, fyi. 

Edited by Ady 2215
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mond said:

So far Axial have done this precisely twice. Traxxas has made an entire career out of putting new bodies on just a handful of chassis. 

To be honest I'm not a Axial fan and I don't look into the in and outs of every model they bring out, but the scx10 has what around 2-3 different bodies and the wraith around 4-5 ? With all the same chassis underneath ? So that's a bit more than twice unless you meant just the chassis then I think there on even par with Traxxas ? Or am I missing something here ? 

I dont see the harm in it myself but it's odd one company gets slated for doing it yet another dosen't that's all 

Generally Axial say here's a new version of an existing platform - often a RTR and a kit version or an updated reissue. When Axial start calling them all new vehicles yet it's a 10+ year old platform with no improvements to speak of and does this over and over, we should probably throw them under the bus as well. 

Thing is @mydoddy69, the traxxas range is commonplace whereas the slower stuff is in the minority.

the scx10 has definitely proved itself over the years, it's near on ten years old (the first scx10) and still class leader.

so if it's not broken, do we need to change it kind of springs to mind.

look at the slash, there were out years before a revamp, hpi savage is another and tamiya are good at milking chassis too for body options.

all Rc companies are the same, they want most money for the smallest of outlay, being fair that's how you stay in business nowadays.......

i do do have a major gripe with axial though......

wish they hey would steer clear of jeep shells for a bit and do something else or perhaps another license.

must be jeep needs all the help it can get being a second rate 4x4.

just my thoughts......

• Like 2

So basically wait a few more years then throw them under the bus ? Not sure if I'm right or wrong here but from what I've read some of the common faults in the wraith and scx range carry over from one to the other and it's why guys spend a pretty penny on getting them right ? Or am I missing something here ? 

So if Traxxas simply stated it's an existing platform but new shell it would be okay ? 

Like I say I'm not a Axail or a slow and steady trail guy so I'm not a 100% on what's new and what's not but from just browsing in I'd say there as bad as each other but one is just newer and is pumping out the latest craze in RC is all ..

• Like 1

At least Axial buyers know that they can buy a rig and run it largely un-modified without the ESC exploding or the diffs lunching themselves....................................................................................

Years ago ...... I spent about 4 days building and painting my Juggernaut 2.

It was my pride and joy ... then I got an (original 3906) E-Maxx.

The Juggernaut just seemed more like a toy than ever! SOOOO SLOWWWW.

These Axials look great - nice little touches with the driver, phosphorescent heads, etc., but their 'ruggedness' is only because they're slow.

I do like them - big fan of MJ, etc. - BUT I'd HAVE to make them at least 20+ capable.

THEN we'd see how solid they are, if we're referring to 'another certain MUCH BIGGER MT' ....

Al.

Edited by atom3624

You can probably squeeze 20mph out of one without too much hassle, other than HD gears in the transmission replacing the plastic. I assume they'll bring out a kit version, which if like the Yeti, Score etc. will have some better parts in it. Stick a HW 60amp ESC in it, 2S and a 4000kv motor and it will probably shift a bit better - I can't imagine it's a heavy truck.

1 hour ago, Noj said:

Stop sucking up Chris, get back to the cruel naming of infants and being beaten down by the wife

Do you just go about the forum following people and mocking small children?

Not at all, although the mocking of Chris brings much amusement to many for he is a tool with a huge misconception as to personal popularity.

Of course if you're one of his chums and part of the Chris Show then your opinion may well be different.

Regardless, the cruel naming of children should never go unpunished, or be forgotten about :P

Edited by Noj

Regardless of what personal vendetta you may have against him. Name calling and insulting on the forum is childish and idiotic. As a long standing member of the forum you of all people should know better especially on a site that generates a lot of traffic from new hobbyists and people from other forums. I've fallen out with people on the forum before but I didn't go around pestering them on threads with personal attacks and digs completely unrelated to the subject of the thread. And that's with an unbiased opinion that is completely independent of what group of people I may or may not be affiliated with. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Noj said:

Not at all, although the mocking of Chris brings much amusement to many for he is a tool with a huge misconception as to personal popularity.

Of course if you're one of his chums and part of the Chris Show then your opinion may well be different.

Regardless, the cruel naming of children should never go unpunished, or be forgotten about :P

At least a tool is useful.

..... back to the Grave Digger ....

and Max-D ... are there any others coming out?

Spiderman / Superman / Captain A / Batman / Scooby Doo / Captain's Curse / Monster Mutt .... there are LOADS of interesting ones ...

There's even been a Thor truck.

One I liked - and saw - was Backwards Bob - great fun with a back-to-front body.

Al.

2 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

..... back to the Grave Digger ....

and Max-D ... are there any others coming out?

Spiderman / Superman / Captain A / Batman / Scooby Doo / Captain's Curse / Monster Mutt .... there are LOADS of interesting ones ...

There's even been a Thor truck.

One I liked - and saw - was Backwards Bob - great fun with a back-to-front body.

Al.

I want the one with the lobster body.