• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Whats your fav makes of RC cars?

Rory

Just wondered what manufacturers you guys rate ?  Ive not owned too many but so far my favourite is probably Hobao, toughness and simplicity.  Im quite impressed with the thoughtful design of the thunder tiger too.

Id like to own a Losi at some point, hear lots of good things about them. 

Ones I dislike - HPI, super popular of course but working on other models makes some of theirs look badly thought out.  Also find their force engines are prone to air leaks and dont hold a tune.

Traxxas - had a crappy TMaxx at one point, hated the thing, its put me right off Traxxas although Ive always been watching ebay for reasonably priced Revos!

Edited by Rory

I like the look of Team Associated. I have been using some of there bits on my Sabertooth, and the quality speaks for its self.

Some day i will own a Associated RC8.2B.

I have a revo, but there is not a lot of Traxxas left on it.

Kyosho, Hobao and surprisingly enough to everyone; Ansmann. Got a couple of Virus 2.0's, had them completely apart and put back together, well made throughout really, bodyshells are **** and so are the plastic guards at the sides of the chassis. they're quite heavy too but I gave one to my dad last xmas (the .28) and he sucks majorly at driving these things, I mean he crashed it so many times, and hit a rock so hard he bent the chassis into a banana. Bent it back and it was right as rain again.

Not a fan of Schumacher, the aluminium parts are nicely made, I like the look of the cars and they're fast but the plastic parts- a-arms etc are made out of melted down milk tray cartons.

Kyosho is another one Id like to try at some point - seem like a really old school company who really know what theyre doing and design tough stuff.

• Like 1

Tamiya, FTX, Axial, Losi and BSD all feature in my fleet. I'll happily buy more rigs from each of them. Well, maybe not FTX, unless a Hooligan roller becomes available for an as yet secret experiment, hey Noj :insane:

I'm liking my HobbyKing bashers. The sandstorm is pretty much unbreakable, ive buckled a  rear wheel. I've only fuggered a servo & motor in the nitro circus mini monster truck. & only snapped 2 body posts & turned a spur gear to fluff in the pitbull. Pretty good for a "cheapo brand". :)

2 hours ago, jony nitro said:

As to be Team Serpent never broke and parts are supreme so my number one manufacturer 

+1

Ridiculous strength :)

I have broken a front hub, but imho nothing would have held up when my srx clipped a stuck out edge of broken track rail at full tit.

Give me the new 8th buggy now!

Tamiya through and through. Had a babble with Traxxas in the form of a T-Maxx, quite liked that, surprisingly the Hyper 10TT has stayed with me for a lot longer than I thought it might. Losi I'm a fan off, but my only experience with Losi, was a Mini LST2 which wasn't suitable for my needs.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Hong nor x1 pro, that's the only buggy that I liked to look at and not look for upgrades. The only problem was finding spares lol. It was a beautiful buggy. 

I would like the hong nor x3 sabre pro if spares are good.  

I'm tempted by a kyosho gt2 picco 28 version but that's more for nostalgia I think. I know it has a weak gearbox and on road only but I still really like it. 

Traxxas revo 3.3 was the first rc to blow me away it felt space age coming from hypers to that.  I didn't know where to start taking it apart but after afew tries think it's the easiest rc I've worked on. Once the silly opti drive, reverse gear and glow plug wire removed it feels like a normal rc again.

Tried the hpi savage and hated it, but would try a flux hp just for its insanity. Same for the Erevo which will win my money first? 

Overall favourite brand tho is traxxas I like upgrading what more can I say lol. But serously tho their designs are next level usually setting the standard for the rest of the RTR brands. 

If I raced I would look more at the premium brands.  

Losi 5t is my dream rc but think if I got one and got bored of it ide be finished with rc.