• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

EU referendum

Ziggy122

Voting to Stay in or out the EU  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How are you going to vote on the EU In or out referendum?

• In
    • Out
    • I Cant Vote yet / i Dont know yet
    • Im not going to vote

One thing I'm happy about is our mps can no longer look at a seat in Brussels as there ultimate goal. So instead of working to keep them happy they now have to work to keep us happy.  

Brexit the movie on youtube talks about some of the eu funded things there's something in Sunderland too, the video goes on to shoe how the eu makes these projects known. "Oow look at our kindness" then explains how these things get £1 funding for £2 donation.  

Farage said his seat in the eu means nothing he can't change anything or plan anything. 

The big cats of Brussels do all of that, 10,000 of them earn more than cameron. God knows how many of them ther is. Seems like everytime an mp sells his people to the eu he is rewarded with his seat for life. 

No constituency, no accountability. The prospect of earning millions in wages for most of the time being lobbied by corps. 

These big cats even have a super mall just for them. 

The racist thing is getting boring, when I was watching every panel show on the people with the strongest opinions on immigration was actual immigrants. 

"I'm tired of eu migrants filling the quota, I can't bring my family over" 

It's not even racist to be against your own race is it. Look at the prison population. Polish cons are up like 140% or something crazy. Only Lithuania has seen it's prison population fall. 98% of credit card fraud is eu migrants. 

Migrants are vetted before entry, well they let a rapist in last year he was here two days then viciously attacked a disabled man. Knocking him unconscious then dragging his lifeless body into the road as a lorry came. All on cctv. 

Here's one for you chaps in the know... I understand we did leave, but is it instant?

IE, if I was to order something from Germany/Poland or somewhere, am I likely to get caught or has everything not taken effect yet as far as importing goes?

I know someone on TV (I've no idea who is who) that theirs quite a lot of people who voted to leave now regretting it lol.

18 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Here's one for you chaps in the know... I understand we did leave, but is it instant?

IE, if I was to order something from Germany/Poland or somewhere, am I likely to get caught or has everything not taken effect yet as far as importing goes?

I know someone on TV (I've no idea who is who) that theirs quite a lot of people who voted to leave now regretting it lol.

Everythings still the same for now. Nothings changed. There's a couple of years of negotiations before we actually leave the EU and that's after we decide to start the process officially. 

John

• Like 1

On 01/07/2016 at 21:20, RCbutcher said:

One thing I'm happy about is our mps can no longer look at a seat in Brussels as there ultimate goal. So instead of working to keep them happy they now have to work to keep us happy.  

Brexit the movie on youtube talks about some of the eu funded things there's something in Sunderland too, the video goes on to shoe how the eu makes these projects known. "Oow look at our kindness" then explains how these things get £1 funding for £2 donation.  

Farage said his seat in the eu means nothing he can't change anything or plan anything. 

The big cats of Brussels do all of that, 10,000 of them earn more than cameron. God knows how many of them ther is. Seems like everytime an mp sells his people to the eu he is rewarded with his seat for life. 

No constituency, no accountability. The prospect of earning millions in wages for most of the time being lobbied by corps. 

These big cats even have a super mall just for them. 

Perhaps it's a good thing that one man can't change anything but in fact requires a consensus, a majority vote? Isn't that democracy? Honestly, why take anything that man says for face value. He's a career con artist who's taken every penny he can while doing as little as possible.

Just on the 10,000 people earn more than Cameron thing:

If I advertised a job in London and the going market rate for said job was £100,000 a year however I was only willing to pay 50,000 a year, how many applications do you think I'll get? 

I don't know of there's 10,000 people in the EU parliament who earn more than Cameron or if this is yet another fact pulled from Farages scaremongering backside, but what I do know is markets drive wages, not employers. This 10,000 thing is just another dumb tactic by people like Farage to make people believe in his point of view but like everything else he says, the moment you scrutinise it, it's just another one of his cow poo comments.

Edited by mond

8 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

We have to formally request to leave under a specific article in the Lisbon treaty. The public vote was advisory and not legally binding so actually changes nothing. It's possible that parliament, even with a new PM trying to push article 50 though could block it.

So no, we didn't leave, there is no timeline for leaving, we haven't asked to leave either. 

• Like 1

Its a well known fact that the office of Prime Minister actually pays surprisingly little in terms of the business world. It, and pay for other MP's is the reason they keep getting those controversial massive pay rises when every other state worker hasn't seen one in 5 years. The argument is that parliaments pay is so low it drives away good potential MP's.

Cameron is actually fairly well paid for PM, in that he draws his full salary. Other PM's (famously Thatcher) never even claimed the full amount. You don't become PM for the money.

1 minute ago, Si Coe said:

Its a well known fact that the office of Prime Minister actually pays surprisingly little in terms of the business world. It, and pay for other MP's is the reason they keep getting those controversial massive pay rises when every other state worker hasn't seen one in 5 years. The argument is that parliaments pay is so low it drives away good potential MP's.

Cameron is actually fairly well paid for PM, in that he draws his full salary. Other PM's (famously Thatcher) never even claimed the full amount. You don't become PM for the money.

Possibly not when your in office, but good old Tony has been feeding at the trough ever since leaving office and he only gets massive fees because he was the Pm, so it does lead to money if they want it too

5 hours ago, Si Coe said:

Its a well known fact that the office of Prime Minister actually pays surprisingly little in terms of the business world.

Yeah, his wage isn't really that great compared with what he'll earn afterwards, as most PMs get asked to join boards as non exec directors etc.

5 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

Possibly not when your in office, but good old Tony has been feeding at the trough ever since leaving office and he only gets massive fees because he was the Pm, so it does lead to money if they want it too

Yeah, he's on several boards of directors and does the whole talking circuit. He's a complete arse but I'm not going to begrudge him making money if people are willing to pay. 

For note, my Bro in law and I have been in mainland Europe since Wednesday night and have not been pointed at, thumped, spat upon or worse.

Maybe Brexit isn't that bad! :lol:

On 3 July 2016 at 22:13, Oh How Original said:

On 3 July 2016 at 22:36, johninderby said:

Everythings still the same for now. Nothings changed. There's a couple of years of negotiations before we actually leave the EU and that's after we decide to start the process officially. 

John

On 4 July 2016 at 06:26, mond said:

We have to formally request to leave under a specific article in the Lisbon treaty. The public vote was advisory and not legally binding so actually changes nothing. It's possible that parliament, even with a new PM trying to push article 50 though could block it.

So no, we didn't leave, there is no timeline for leaving, we haven't asked to leave either. 

Good. I'm happy to continue trading with Germany :lol: 

On 4 July 2016 at 13:35, Oh How Original said:

Cheers for clearing up my question chaps.

Shame the pound has took a hit then, if nothing else has actually changed, legally speaking.

It is a shame but it will fluctuate over the months, we're still in the unknown. Before the vote it was roughly 77p to the Euro. Now it's 85p.

Unless you're spending thousands and thousands, you're not going to lose much. Still good prices from the EU and no import/VAT/Customs/handling fees ^_^

I'm yet to find a bargain... Especially given the increase in exchange rates, and postage charges seem to be going up everywhere too.

It's barely worth bothering now.

My main thing is the USD exchange rate, not really bothered about the Euro, I was thinking about importing another RC4WD kit, but I won't be now.