• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Tamiya Thread! Aka just ask XVPilot :-)

TMaxxDave

You never want any cell to go below about 3.3v so 6.6v for your 2cell lipo. But storage charge should be higher at about 3.9 per cell or 7.8 v total. For running make sure your ESC is set for lipo so has a low voltage cut off. If you don't have that then get a low voltage buzzer that connects to the balance plug. These are very cheap.

You never want any cell to go below about 3.3v so 6.6v for your 2cell lipo. But storage charge should be higher at about 3.9 per cell or 7.8 v total. For running make sure your ESC is set for lipo so has a low voltage cut off. If you don't have that then get a low voltage buzzer that connects to the balance plug. These are very cheap.

Oh yeah means I gotta get the programme box out [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Added Brembo brake disc & caliper set. Had to cut away the rear of the wheel spokes, to get the calipers to clear.

At first, they didn't look right... and I couldn't figure out why. Then realised it was because the Lancia Delta has the calipers in a different position to most cars, so when I copied that, it looked off. Used to seeing front calipers behind the front wheels. Having said that, my Alfa Romeo has the calipers in this position, so no real excuse! :whistling:

20190207_142208.thumb.jpg.d0e96a67834eda16d224b2e0d0eab8dd.jpg

20190207_142109.thumb.jpg.9994c85c8e7b8714bfbfb6e581b4ded5.jpg

20190207_142351.thumb.jpg.1a503e27d8bfe50912a1af8f6bed3340.jpg

• Like 2

Very nicely done and the calipers look mint :thumbsup:

But iff I'm honest, it could probably do with at least the window surrounds/rubbers stuck on? just to give the windows some edge against the body.

After buying and decaling a Lancia like your's, I didn't do too well with the Martini stripes, they were a real pain. I then proceeded to peel them off and ended up with very few, to the point where I thought it looked nice and clean.

DSCF3719.jpg

DSCF3725.jpg

DSCF3734.jpg

I do plan on removing the tints at some point.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PraetoR said:

Yeah, you're right about that. I was discussing that on my youtube channel, as it does look a bit sparse.

I see you've cut-out the door handles... those make a big difference!

They certainly do, and iff you're not happy with it you can peel them off after.

• 1 month later...

Thinking of selling some of my display models as I could do with the money if I am to invest in any RC and its a bit criminal having them sat there. Theyre all built but never ever used and I sorta know the price of the cheaper stock models.  Im not sure how much to price the following My confusing ones are:

Tamiya TL-01 Focus WRC. This is box stock with bearing kit. A servo is installed but not other electrics. It is boxed with manual and has never seen the road. The tyres are unglued. Id say Ive done an 8/10 on the body shell, there is a little paint bleed on the bottom of the shell but nothing major. No idea what its worth, probably less than I paid as a sealed box!

The second is the Porsche 911 GT2 TA-02SW - Tamiya 84399. Just the standard edition. Not the Black/Tamico/Jaegermeister edition. It comes with the Sport Tuned motor and ESC. I may be being silly but I can't find it for sale anywhere now? Again It is boxed with manual and has never seen the road. The tyres are unglued, and the shell is painted black

IF those pair are worth anything I'll shift them on as its not fair being sat in my office waiting for my Mrs to dust every Saturday!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Holy thread resurrection!

I am back. Been taking a break from the amount of forums I use, been spending time on Tamiya Club whilst building a rather special touring car, don’t worry I’ll fire the details on here.

For the time being here is a nice picture of my TB01 shelf queen rocking a Tamiya Enzo body with lightweight racing wing.

a871049d18e7076d49e022fa73147031.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I ran my Holiday buggy today for the first time in a long while.

I moved it over from brushed to brushless, which I know won't be good for any of the gears or plastics.

I am thinking it's going to end up being a speed runner, not aiming for stupid high numbers, just a little bit of fun before it implodes.

That said, does anyone know of stronger gears available?

Or anything else I could do to make it stronger overall in the drivetrain?

There isn't really much to it to be honest.

Before.

141274362-184836213328234-14925711066218

After

141401930-243909440627843-28406174433588

'converted' to a soft top :lol: 

140742806-163600938596733-29112701929893

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gave the Holiday buggy it's first speed test, footage will follow in which you'll see all it wants to do is flip over, managed to hit 42mph though which on a 2s I think is quite impressive... I think one of my shock shafts is bent because they are really stiff and don't want to move, I think that contributed to the fact it wanted to flip over so much, definitely going to lower it, also going to make some attempt at aerodynamics, I kinda want to hit 50mph now and I will be extremely happy.

I was expecting about 32-33 based on my friends Timberwolf maxing out at 37.

It did have just a smidge more to give though, but between cars, wagons, flipping over and bumps and skidding, I didn't get what I'd consider a flat out clean run, ideally want to hold it flat for a good 5-10 seconds, I do have another spot to try though.

The big question, what's the fastest Holiday buggy known?

146478774-167754121536840-38420052595007

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from the alloy pinion (which I am guessing you have already swapped for a steel one?) I don't think you'll have any trouble from the DT's gears. I run my Desert Gator on 13.5t and my Aqroshot on 10.5t, and the gears all still look good as new after literally hundreds of laps of hard acceleration and heavy braking on the Tamiyaclub postal racing circuits. 

• 2 months later...

I run my DT02 (Miper v3.0) on a 3520kv can on 2s and my DT03T (Aggroshart) on 3???kv 3s and have had zero issues with the gearboxes, they're virtually bombproof.