• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Well, well, well, Losi 1/5th Scale Petrol Monster Truck

NG15

I'll wager a 5ive buggy will be produced.....

IMO, the dbxl platform, being narrower, is better suited to this MT than the 5ive.

I shall now 'duck and cover'.....

• Like 2

Is it me, Or is the X-Maxx not as big as people keep making out, People kept saying that it's massive, Well someone in our group has one, And it's not that big.

As monster trucks go, It's still the Blackout to beat.

15 minutes ago, babylon said:

Is it me, Or is the X-Maxx not as big as people keep making out, People kept saying that it's massive, Well someone in our group has one, And it's not that big.

As monster trucks go, It's still the Blackout to beat.

I think when you have a five/x2 everything else is small

Maybe the X-Maxx is big for what it is, a plastic basher. Nowt wrong with that, it keeps weight and production costs down. 

Can't wait to see more vids of this on the fly. 

• Like 1

I like it, just not the wheels they look comical like it doesn't have any just visible foams. 

The losi rcmk thing might mske sense does rcmk have anything showing their version of the mt? 

I think losi next move should be a 5th scale 8ight T. To dominate the racing. Losi 5iveTR

Personally it should be embraced as another alternative in the 5th scale market and it will definitely appeal to some and draw them into large scales :)

Its not for me but that's just my personal choice, I really want losi to do a proper trophy truck, lightweight, rwd or 4wd, nice cage and authentic shell and I would have one in a heartbeat :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It has! I see it on Modelsport for £1000

i do like the idea of it for sure. Price tho.. It might be fair?:rain: but it's too much for me 

Edited by Ocdcbr

• 3 weeks later...

You can, but, tbh, the Blackfoot has had its day and was never that good to begin with. It filled a gap in the market, got a bit of a cult following and that was that.

Losi are trying something new-ish, it could prove to be everything the Blackout wasn't.

It could also prove to be a bit poo as well. We'll know when someone buys one and rags the backside off it....;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sort of....however, it should be hitting retailers imminently so with a fair wind and a bit of luck, someone will get one and review it...

Any idea where these rumours of hub failure and steering maladies came from??? No proper online reviews I've been able to find as yet....

I'll be honest, it's growing on me.....seeing one in the flesh may just be the decider, although it wouldn't be an immediate purchase. 

8 minutes ago, Noj said:

Sort of....however, it should be hitting retailers imminently so with a fair wind and a bit of luck, someone will get one and review it...

Any idea where these rumours of hub failure and steering maladies came from??? No proper online reviews I've been able to find as yet....

I'll be honest, it's growing on me.....seeing one in the flesh may just be the decider, although it wouldn't be an immediate purchase. 

Gas or leccy? 

Leccy :good:

Doesn't need to be a high speed machine, might consider something like the can you run in the X2 for better low down grunt and wheelie popping silliness....:lol:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, atom3624 said:

It's a Monster Truck!!

Lecky indeed - peasant!

It's like putting a diesel engine in an Aston.

Al.

Says the man building an X-Maxx..........................................................

• Like 2

Leccy vs petrol argument was settled last Sunday lol. When top gear driving the new tesla (prius looking bubble car) left a dodge challenger srt hellcat for dead.

I was blown away almost as much as the hellcat was lol.