• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Cross RC PG4L Dually Build

.AJ.

Now in primer and had a wet sand

20160327_091302_zpstcb9vktp.jpg

Also shot the inside with satin black

20160327_091311_zpsd5ybueqn.jpg

Next I need to mask up the arches and windows, so I can shoot one more coat of primer, not sure if do the final coat in white or grey because I'm still not 100% sure on the finish coat lol

17 hours ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

what about an electric orange AJ buddy. they do look kinda nice and have that automobile p0rn look to them.

higer-longwei-china-1.jpg?756232

i have this electric orange phase im going through , same color i want mah bike in 

what is that I'm guessing its a nook off I'm seeing F150 and toyota hilux 

• Like 1

I agree on the dark red metallic colour, AJ. Wouldn't have even considered it, until I saw this picture of the Gmade Komodo.gm54000_01_basicinfo.jpg

Dark metallic red really sets off the black and chrome parts. Definitely getting a Komodo in a similar colour, at some point.

• Like 1

Yep, you can change gear on the move, but there's not enough room in my flat to show it and also I don't have enough hands to film, change gear, steer, all at the same time lol 

On 19 March 2016 at 12:13, .AJ. said:

I mentioned 2 issues I've found with the kit

1 - The terrible front shocks, they are just rubbish and not smooth, I've got a set to replace them on the way already...

2 - The rear leaf hangers have nothing solid to mount up to

20160319_162223_zpsuhyjrpmm.jpg

You can see in the pic that they are held on by just a nut, they wobble about when the suspension works, if i do the nut up tight to lose the play then the shackles can't move correctly and it ruins the suspension travel, so I'm going to make up a bulkhead to support the mounting screws for the hangers 

Sorted..

20160329_120809_zpsqolgxaro.jpg

• Like 1

On 28 March 2016 at 11:42, Praet0r87 said:

I agree on the dark red metallic colour, AJ. Wouldn't have even considered it, until I saw this picture of the Gmade Komodo.gm54000_01_basicinfo.jpg

Dark metallic red really sets off the black and chrome parts. Definitely getting a Komodo in a similar colour, at some point.

Closest I can find is Peugoet Diablo

image_zps6ygrr0w6.jpeg

• Like 2